2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. tfid

tfid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got the Ativ Book 8 - US version at Best Buy.
    I returned the 1st one because the track pad was lower on the right side (right click area).
    I got an exchange unit and looked at the track pad and it was good.
    But I noticed yesterday that a spot was wearing on the bottom near one of the fan vents.
    It seems there is a bulge in the bottom of the case that extends beyond the rubber feet causing it to rub when sitting on a flat surface.

Should I return this one too, or am I being too picky?!

2. tfid

tfid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used Company of Heros 2 performance test to test the video drivers. I used the Samsung factory drivers, the 13.10 beta 1 and 13.11 beta 1.

I got 18.03 fps with the Samsung drivers, 17.6 fps with the 13.10, and 17.9 fps with the 13.11.
    (880z5e, win 8.1)

So I see no difference in using the Samsung video drivers.

Shrink likes this.
  3. tfid

tfid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the 880z5e from US Best Buy. One had a low right corner of the track pad. The exchange one has a bulge in the bottom near a fan vent that contacts a flat surface like one of the rubber feet. I'm thinking of exchanging that one too.

4. k243_gsa

k243_gsa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey all.. Do u guys know any video for screen replacement of samsung np780z5e. I need it deadly. OR any link where i can get the detailed info. reply asap. thanks in advance

5. shaevy

shaevy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine has the same problem. The spot is right below the HDD and the wifi chip.

I "fixed" it by putting some transparent tape on the spot that started to get scratched really badly.

6. JBR48

JBR48 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem after an update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. SW Update keeps ending with:

Sound Driver Essential Installable 463MB Failed(-10)

Did you find a solution?

7. mkzzz915

mkzzz915 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

it sounds really serious. how about showing it around here? like photo..

8. rohit4684

rohit4684 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI GUYS,

I am using a 256 GB samsung SSD drive. Recently i have noticed that the boot up times have been from 15 to 20 sec. Previously it was 7 to 10 seconds. CAN ANY ONE HELP . I have already checked what programs run at start up and also i have checked the drive for errors . Shut down times have not been effected though. It is 6 sec..

9. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    First try reinstalling Samsung's Settings program. The installation process includes system software optimisation.

If that doesn't fix anything then temporarily install Soluto and let it figure out what is taking up all the time. Some anti-virus programs do a scan as part of the boot process.

John

10. Tabinhu

Tabinhu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need some help, please help me!!

Sometimes im browsing the web and my screen goes black and i get a notification saying that AMD display something has stopped working.

What could be triggering it? After the crash, i need to restart firefox because it doesnt work anymore, stays blank with no text.
    This is happening alot now..

But doesnt happen while I game

EDIT: Just happened twice in a row.

[​IMG]

TRANSLATED: The display controller has stopped working and recovered sucessfully.
    The amd display controller has stopped working and recovered sucessfully.