2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. mkzzz915

mkzzz915 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what about following following steps? I had same problems as you.
    so checked these are written on the manual.

1. Right-click on the Desktop and select Configure Switchable Graphics from the popup menu.
    2. click the Browse button and register the software and click the Apply button.
    3. some of the functions of the registered program that require a high graphics performance will
    run with the external graphics chipset without additional configuration.

hope it would be helpful :D

2. mkzzz915

Reputations:

1. Right-click on the Desktop and select Configure Switchable Graphics from the popup menu.
    2. click the Browse button and register the software and click the Apply button.
    3. some of the functions of the registered program that require a high graphics performance will

3. mkzzz915

Reputations:

4. Tams

Tams Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks; that sounds fantastic! Is that the model with the touchscreen? Also, is 'Word Processing' with WLAN on or off?

5. Twistx77

Twistx77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with this computer. I had installed Ubuntu with Windows 8 and I decided to update to windows 8.1. Evertyhing works fine but the problem is that when I turn off the computer sometimes it turns on by itself and tries to boot but it get to a part where it says that the disk has nothing bootable so I should press F4. I turn it off and turn it on again and it just starts working as normal. Last night it did that thing and when I woke up I had no battery...

I'm wondering if it has something to do with leaving the mouse connected....

6. ativ8

ativ8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

this is how it's meant to work, but unfortunately this functionality is broken. Thats what the discussion is all about.

Thanks anyway,
    -- Ch.

7. magmik

magmik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Of course i know this function and i using it but sometimes is broken right now :)

But for me works:
    - if i have fps drop then in game i press FN+F1 (some Samsung settings app), screen few times blinks to black, desktop and then FPS is back. If there is fps drop again after reloading map, minimalize game, close Samsung app and again in game press FN+F1 :)

or i can unplug and plug power cord but this is not good for my battery

8. thirdeyechai

thirdeyechai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys.

I've recently started having an issue with my laptop where it is freezing all the time. I have a feeling it's something to do with the graphic drivers because the picture will scramble. Just thought I'd check here to see if anyone else has had similar experiences and for some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

9. sadkloun

sadkloun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    videocard dead(

10. icomrade

icomrade Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should get into contact with samsung, that looks like a dying video card (or overheating one). You'll probably need a replacement.

Sorry to inform you but hdmi on this laptop only supports 30hz at that resolution, converting it to dvi-d tricks the display so you can use it at 60Hz, but since it's not native there will be issues. Just use 30Hz since our laptop does not have displayport, which is my biggest quarrel with this laptop...