2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tabinhu

Tabinhu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone plz help me :( ?

When im playing games like, LoL, AC black flag, fifa it runs great, i get like 80 fps on LoL and 120 on fifa, but sometimes the fps drops like to 40 ( i think it turns off the dedicated gpu and uses the onboard gpu). So i disconnect it from power and connect back again and it jumps back to max fps...
    Can anyone help me?

I got the right settings in CCC, I can guarantee that.
    I have maximize performance when connected to power, i set the gpu to high performance on the games i play..
    I have the stock drivers

2. gop97

gop97 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What drivers are you using?

3. sukar

sukar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    this looks like a viable solution, i dont want to spend plenty on an SSD which comes with medicore GB...do you already have the WD BLACK installed on your laptop? if im not mistaken this particular drive is 9.5mm whereas the NP7805E has space for 7mm only. So I take it this drive would not in this particular model

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    And, unfortunately, but the time you have squeezed a 9.5mm thick drive into a 7mm high bay then the drive might not work properly.

I wouldn't recommend trying it in this notebook (unless I'm wrong about it taking only 7mm or thinner drives).

John

5. shaevy

shaevy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The HDD that came with my ativ book 8 NP780Z5E-X04DE is a ST1000LM024 (Seagate MOMENTUS).

I measured the HDD and it is around 8.5mm thick. According to this its actually a 9.5mm drive. So I think you should be fine.

6. shloosh

shloosh Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I just bought a new ativ book 8 and I have a few problems after upgrading to 8.1

1. after the elan touchpad driver update from the SW I cant adjust touchpad to be invent or not.
    the option was just next to the "two finger" scroll

sacac.jpg

what can I do?

2.the windows is fresh and for some reason in the task manager it says "6.1 gb is in use"!!!
    how is that possible? im not using anything!!

aaa.jpg

sad.jpg

that's all.... for now...

thanks

7. Shinji_U

Shinji_U Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe you are blaming the wrong party. If you read the other forum threads on other manufacturers, even those of Clevo and Sager etc, you will realize that the problem lies with AMD.

Why do you think the Enduro fix drivers are there in the first place? They are not meant for Samsung laptops, they are meant for what AMD has broken and not able to fix.

Also, from what Prank has found out, seems like AMD broke something again from there.

8. Shinji_U

Reputations:
    That seems to be the main issue right now. Seems to be the way BIOS is detecting the power to determine whether to use the integrated Intel or discreet AMD. But on the other hand, some reports from other forum threads of other manufacturer points to the driver that is at fault with the power detection mainly the "atiesrxx.exe".

I'm still working with a few laptops here with AMD and NVIDIA GPUs to see how can I reproduce the issue, and hopefully come up with something solid enough.

But for now, changing the power plan via means of reconnecting the power connector or via Fn+F11 seems to fix the graphics switching to integrated Intel.

9. Shinji_U

Reputations:
    Remove the intellimemory, just remove it and it will save you countless hours of headaches.

10. zlThomaslz

zlThomaslz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone had any success over clocking the HD8770M/HD8870M?