2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Shrink

Shrink Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    These are the ones updated by Windows 8.1.

2. norepinephrine

norepinephrine Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I can't update my AMD driver to 13.11. When I use the Catalyst Downloader, it doesn't show up when I customize the installation. How do I fix this? I tried uninstalling from Device Manager, but then when I reboot it automatically reinstalls.

3. Shrink

Shrink Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The beta drivers link is just below the link to the driver downloader utility.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

4. ap11

ap11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So has anyone been able to fix the screen brightness problems without rolling back the installation? I've tried installing the latest beta AMD drivers, and disabling and reinstalling the Intel drivers, but I haven't gotten it to work.

Samsung claimed in support chat that new drivers would be released in a few days, but this is pretty incredible that they don't have their act together. They've had plenty of time to test out the OS update.

Samsung needs to replace my screen (for dead pixels), so maybe now's a good time.

5. xheavenic

xheavenic Newbie

Reputations:
    same here. my scree is now fixed at max brightness and I am unable to adjust it in any way. its killing my eyes :mad:

6. blue13x

blue13x Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just woke and having installed all updated yesterday, I got a new update for SW Update. (Win 8.1 not installed). So based on that update I think they are working on it. But yet no other updates pushed through swupdate

7. Twistx77

Twistx77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've installed the SW Update and now I can open SW update as usual in windows 8.1. Also, when you select the device it states Windows Blue as operative system so I think soon we will see new drivers!

8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    What you are seeing is abnormal.

I would recommend that you first backup your user files and then use Windows 8 Refresh Computer option (Charms > Change PC Settings > General > Refresh Your PC. Also scan the computer using (i) Spybot S&D and (ii) Malwarebytes in case their are nasties that the AV program doesn't detect. If that doesn't work then try reinstalling the factory image.

John

9. sadkloun

sadkloun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    SWUpdate_2.1.19.0 on samsung site. Work, but no drivers and util for 8.1 updates yet.

10 min later. NOT WORK. Not see any drivers and utils except all share play, intelymemory and itself))))

10. [-Mac-]

[-Mac-] Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why the title of this thread is changed?
    Now is called "tb"