2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. icomrade

icomrade Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just installed 8.1 and on the first boot all of the setup options displayed but after the setup closed the screen went black, but i could see my cursor. Rebooted and it automatically restored to windows 8.0. I'm on the 13.11 beta drivers if t matters.

2. digitalmunkee

digitalmunkee Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Im new here and a very, very happy owner of an NP770Z5E-SE. Never had a single problem until I installed 8.1 today.

Observations: Loss of screen real estate, current max resolution 1920x1080. No control over screen brightness. key backlights constantly on.

Currently running latest Mobility Radeon and Intel graphics drivers.

Help and suggestions greatly appreciated,
    Peter

3. Shrink

Shrink Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes - once the new ones were installed over the old ones, in conjunction with the Intel HD4000 drivers installed by 8.1, graphics switching is working (at least the utility works).

4. kokhen

kokhen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did a lot of reading before buying this computer, been lurking here a lot. I've now had this computer for 3 months and this laptop is a big heavy pile of . It sometimes take over 10 min to start up and sometimes it won't even power off when I shut it down. What kind of crap is this. I haven't installed anything on weird on it. I have only used this laptop for browsing the net like maybe one time every week. I have no viruses on it either.
    And there's so many bugs. I wish I had bought another laptop. Don't buy this computer, waste of money.

I'm going to upgrade it with a ssd. Hopefully it will get better. But SSDs are not cheap, so I've wasted a total of 1500 euro for this crappy laptop. I could have just bought one of the other ones in that price range instead.

5. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    On the subject on Win 8.1, please see the sticky thread we just posted about it.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...pgrade-until-samsung-has-updated-drivers.html

Even though there is likely to be some issues unique to individual models (particularly relating to graphics drivers) the basic incompatibilities between Win 8.1 and existing Samsung drivers, Settings and SW Update are common to all Samsung models. We're trying to gather experiences and updates about that instead of having it mushroom across all the individual threads (as is currently happening).

6. xheavenic

xheavenic Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

May i know which Intel HD4000 drivers did you install after updatingn to 8.1 ?

7. pubbypaws

pubbypaws Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hmmm.. same issues as others, installed 8.1 on 880z5e-x01ub (BestBuy Model), intel drivers no longer work, but uninstalling, and reinstalling it brought it back to life

catalyst drivers seems to be broken, haven't tried the beta drivers

functions keys/backlights also no longer work

8. digitalmunkee

digitalmunkee Newbie

Reputations:
    Intel driver is version 10 18 10 3316

Peter

9. pubbypaws

pubbypaws Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hmmm where'd you get 10.18.10.3316

the one i exported off swupdate, is 9.17.10.2963