2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Sykton

Sykton Notebook Geek

Reputations:

I have the Best Buy version and absolutely love the screen. Tbh, the reviews you read about low brightness were probably just because they weren't aware of the automatic brightness. I was confused at first too as to why it was so dim, but once I figured out to turn it off I had no problems. I've seen other posters on this thread talk about a similar problem, but out of the box it should be fine since most of those problems were from messing around with drivers and getting something messed up.

2. NadJ

NadJ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello fellow Series 7 owners,

Got my NP770Z5E-S01UK a few days ago and installed fresh Windows 7 64-bit install. Everything appears to look and function just fine but I'm a little considered that all my games are not seeing a VGA adapter called ATI Radeon 8500 series, instad all games how Intel HD 4000. Performance feels like it's 3D accelerated but I'm not certain.

I followed some instructions on here that said to install the Intel VGA software after installing the Catalyst package but that broke the Catalyst panel and I could not get into it until I reinstalled it. When I go into 'Configure Switchable Graphics" I get the Hydra Grid control settings page. So all in all I'm not comfortable I have my setup right.

Can anyone give me some simple steps to perform to verify if all is good?

Thanks

3. Sagey

Sagey Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I just recently (2 days) got my NP770Z5E and I've been having a few webcam issues,

Firstly in programs such as Skype, as well as on online webcam sites my webcam is not detected. So I checked Device Manager and I can't seem to find any webcam at all...

webcam device manager.png

Unless I've missed something all I can find which could possibly be the webcam is the unknown device under 'Other Devices'. I've scanned for new hardware, and considered updating the driver but I can't seem to find it. It's entirely possible I'm missing something as I'm a bit novice with computers in general, but any ideas chaps?

EDIT: This also appears under problem devices in the system summary bit

Device PNP Device ID Error Code
    Not Available USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&9E781B3&0&4 This device is working properly.

4. furry

furry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. superpippo09

superpippo09 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    as i know,, 13.9 beta 3 is not the one provided by samsung, and if the third party driver is installed, it could not perform maximizely, and even affects other parts of the laptop badly;; so drivers given by manufacturer are recommended.

6. sadkloun

sadkloun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "to peepbeen" something wrong - i made like you/first time perfomance was good. after two days it drop. i clear system and install samsung drivers but it not fix problem. it looked like throttling but not CPU. I plan to uninstall all intel drivers, and clear registry from ati software and reinstall all. Cant recovery system.

7. dcolaco

dcolaco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

I really need your help. I have this odd bug where the trackpad starts acting erratic randomly. Usually after I use the dj software traktor pro which is CPU intensive. It also appeared after I did a complete virus scan using windows defender. It has happened several times in the past few weeks. When just browsing the internet it doesn't seem to happen at all so I am assuming it is after I perform any cpu intensive tasks.

Another weird thing is that it seems to completely disappear when i open up chrome or a few other programs like musicbee. Yet when I go back to the desktop or control panel or start screen it starts acting erratic again. When I tap to click it jumps all over the place and even just moving the pointer around is erratic. I have reinstalled the elan touchpad drivers and even rolled it back yet it still happens.

I am completely stumped as to why it disappears completely in certain programs. When in the desktop, control panel, settings or start screen it re appears. I can repeat this behavior over and over again when switching from chrome to other environments. I have also noticed using the cpu graph in a rainmeter skin, that cpu usage seems to jump when the trackpad is erratic. However these spikes do not show up in the task manager graph. Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to completely restore my laptop so suggestions would be great. I’m thinking it has to do with the fact that it is running out of cpu power when it is erratic. However when in chrome or musicbee there is more power demanded by the program and so it helps as more power is on tap? I have no idea. After a restart it is always back to normal. Sometimes even a short sleep completely fixes it.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long message but it’s driving me nuts and I hate having to restart after using traktor. It never happens while in traktor either. Only once I close the program.

8. Shinji_U

Shinji_U Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try using the Elantech Touchpad driver from MSI. MSI Global Download Center Released August 6, 2013, v11.13.3.3.

So far it solved all my touchpad erratic issues. hope it can solve yours as well.

9. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    dear all

i noticed there were some updates on the sw updates available. However, I dont know should I do it since my notebook is running pretty good and powerful (dont wanna update something and ruin the system.

should i update below updates for better performances? or i jsut should leave it.

can you also advise what each updates do to the system?

thanks. Untitled.jpg

10. alphabetagaga

alphabetagaga Notebook Consultant

Reputations: