2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. konnexion

konnexion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well actually that is of course rude. I work in IT and have done for 23 years. So out of the box a disk drive that runs at 100% and 7/8 GB in use on an idle machine is considered acceptable ? I know about Intellimemory, I know about the 5400 rpm drive. I don't see why I need to immediately replace the SSD drive and do a fresh install to arrive at a machine that's usable

2. Sykton

Sykton Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That sound A LOT like the problems caused my Intellimemory. Are you 100% sure it's uninstalled? Mine came the same way out of the box but it was all fixed by uninstalling Intellimemory. If you're sure then it's probably just a faulty unit.

3. Shinji_U

Shinji_U Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm sorry, personally I have no experience with the intellimemory nor the 5400 rpm drive, I replaced the drive once I took the laptop out of the box and did a clean installation. From many if not all of the people who are facing the same issue as you would seem to have it resolved by uninstalling the intellimemory.

Just to be sure, you did not install it back by accident while using the SWUpdate to update your laptop.

4. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, that is rude Shinji_U. Sharing your experience and advice here is much appreciated, but please be respectful of other members.

Not everybody wants to do a clean install, for many reasons, and they shouldn't have to. One important reason is that Win8 install media isn't included with these laptops and isn't available for legal download from Microsoft, unless you're MSDN/TechNet subscriber or a student. But there are other valid reasons too.

@konnexion: See if the guidance in this post helps trim and speed up your PC. It's possible that something else could be wrong (including disk errors). But first let's see if that cleanout doesn't help.

5. feskey

feskey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys

Bluetooth paring my mobile-phone show up "pin number wrong", but did't give me any chance to enter one??

before the Bluetooth was OK by connect mobile phone sending and receiving files.....but after something can not working now..

I have use old driver and new drive still the same , what happen ???

6. Shinji_U

Shinji_U Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd like to apologize for that statement I've made. I should have phrase it better in a non offensive way.

Many of a times I would blame a hard or soft ware when certain things don't go as planned, but after taking a closer look and understanding how it actually work, I always come to the conclusion that because either I am rushing or so eager to have something new installed and to play with my new toy that I overlooked the slightest of the little things that caused my new toy to break or go nuts.

7. bintoito

bintoito Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hey guys,

So I wanted to get the "clean" iso of windows 8 following what this guy said but when I enter my product key (taken with belarc advisor free) it tells me that my prod. key cannot be used to install a standalone version of win 8....

Is there any other legit way to get the iso (unfortunately I no longer have access the what once was msdn since I'm no longer a college student...)

Appreciate any and all help,
    cheers

8. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  9. konnexion

Reputations:
    Thanks, I suspected a faulty disk but Active SMART reports 100% health. General consensus seems to be t leave Intellimemory installed but if/when I swap out the drive for SSD I'll remove it. I've built the machine from scratch and it does seem much better, for now. Maybe some weekend I'll take the plunge and wipe it clean for a fresh Windows 8 install

10. konnexion

Reputations:
    Cheers, will have a read. Clean install is certainly on the cards onto SSD but for now I just want something I can use for a while