2013 Ford Shelby GT500 650HP/600ft.lbs BEAST!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by usapatriot, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well isn't the 2013 the last mode year of this style before they introduce an all new, redesigned and reengineered Mustang? Rumors have been circulating of a lighter coupe with independent rear suspension and more sports car like manners.

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Are they going to do a complete redesign or do another facelift like what they did in 2011? Why change the formula when it works? I think the biggest thing that prohibits the Mustang's performance is the overall weight of the car. Unless they could find a way to drastically reduce the weight, to say like 3100 pounds or lighter, that is the biggest performance gain. But then again, look at the GT-R, weighing 3800 pounds, has less power than the GT/GT500, but superior suspension design and advanced AWD system makes up for that.

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's going to be a "modern" design according to Ford instead of the "retro" look of the past few years. It's also gonna move on to a new platform with less weight and IRS. The same powertrains (but possibly ecoboost too) will probably carry over though but that will be just fine if they can lose some decent weight.

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Well for me, the new Mustangs already achieve that. They have a old retro look with neo stylizing. I have no complaints with the current Mustang in terms of aesthetics. Actually what I really hate when I see a Mustang on the road, is when you don't get all the bell and whistles. I feel like that is one of the cars you HAVE to get all of them, the stripe, the fog lights, etc, etc.

5. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    I stoped by the local Ford dealer, was told there will be only 2000 of the Beasts, and the one that was allocated has already been paid for. I asked about the Boss and was told they are ever harder to get :(

6. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well.. If you've got the money I'm sure they'd take care of you. It's aaaaalways about the money..

7. Dr. J

Dr. J Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Recently read, I think on motortrend, that there is NO limit on new Shelby GT for 2013. Pig dealers just driving up demand and price no doubt.

8. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If the price gouging is going to be that bad, you may as well get a GT premium and go with an aftermarket forced induction system. It'll lose the warranty, but you'll still be paying less this way and the car doesn't weigh over 4000 pounds.

9. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yup.

Actually the point of cars like the Corvette ZR1 and Shelby GT500 is for manufacturers to compete directly with the aftermarket industry. Some people even insist that a Corvette ZR1 might cost GM less to build than a Z06. It's all about ringing up huge profits from small numbers of transactions.

Probably the average driver would be better off buying a plain vanilla stock Mustang GT or Corvette and then going the aftermarket route when the warranty runs out - or before, if they're brave and willing to shoulder the expense.

10. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    I assumed it was limited production so my plan was to get a pre-order then sell the pre-order to someone who had to have one. Funny the dealer had 3 GT's on the lot and he did try to talk me into a test drive LOL...
    Thanks Dr J !!!
    When I hit the lottery maybe I will go for this
    2012 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang
    they went for around 60 grand new!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.