2013 Ford Shelby GT500 650HP/600ft.lbs BEAST!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by usapatriot, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Holy batman.

Camaro ZL1 fans, prepare to be pissed off. I must also say the new updates to the front fascia and rear end look great giving the car a much more aggressive look (also applies to GT and V6 models). For being the last couple of model years of the car until we get an all new Mustang in 2014/2015, Ford has done an amazing job.

2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Looks like the world's biggest speeding ticket. :p

I've always liked the Shelby GT500 just for it being cheap (said 43k MSRP, though usually you could never find them under 50). I wonder if they beefed up the suspension at all (no mention of it in the article).

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can find the entire press release at the bottom of the article. They've made adjustments and enhancements to the suspension, wheels and brakes to better handle the increased power load. Ford did their homework it seems with this one and they better have considering the ZL1 has an IRS and Magnetic suspension. However, it also weights 300lbs more than the GT500 and has less power.

Reviews and track times have shown that Ford has really dialed in the solid rear axle on the Mustang's of recent. Independent rear suspension will be coming to the Mustang for the all new 2014/2015 re-design so the days of a solid rear axle are numbered!

4. Tree_Burner

Tree_Burner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hate mustangs. Something about the styling really irks me. Same with the Camaro.

5. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    Is there an emoticon for salivating? 2013 Ford Shelby GT500
    I am guessing $80,000 ?? Then I guess the dealers will add another 20 or so :(
    Tree_Burner - Agree with half your statement

6. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Looks the same...

Certainly nothing the Camaro should be worried about. Not to say this doesn't look good to someone, but I still MUCH prefer the Camaro's styling over the Mustang. I've just never really been wild about the Mustang to be honest. Something about the design is just awkward, IMO.

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Camaro looks good, but I hate driving it. It's like sitting in a bathtub you can't see out of. It compromised way too much for the sake of its looks.

8. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I still prefer the look of the Challenger. :p

9. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Ford should have dropped the live axle...40 years ago. Top Gear reviewed the what 2005 Shelby GT500 and the Rouch Mustang (only ~400 hp, but IRS, multiple suspension/brake upgrades) and the Rouch was much faster despite having 25% less horsepower. Though I would GLADLY take a new Mustang over a Camaro.

10. Gamer872

Gamer872 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    o dear....must....resist....urge....to rob bank....must....stay strong. Either way, Italians still win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.