2013 Ativ Book 9 Plus owner's lounge (NP940X3G)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulreedsmith, Sep 25, 2013.

1. milicz

milicz Newbie

Reputations:
    That did the trick! Wow, thanks! I have had this PC for 4 years and it never occurred to me that the Silent Mode being set to Auto would cripple the computer. Well now whatever registry hacks, power plan adjustments I did have me blazing at 2.8ghz, gotta get those back to normal. Thanks!

Dannemand likes this.
  2. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Great, I am glad it worked!

3. edvw0

edvw0 Newbie

Reputations:
    For a (very) long time, Samsung update automatically kept updating the drivers and software on this computer. However, recently it simply shows all the available drivers with an option to save them - in other words, a utility that automatically kept the laptop up-to-date is now doing nothing more but downloading all of the software. Is this normal?

Also, given that I run the latest fall creators update, which windows version should I install? For my model exactly (NP940x3g-k05US) there are options for Win 10 and Win 10 RS1. Curiously, the -k05CA version (or any other -k05XX version other than -k05US) has Win 10, Win 10 RS1, and Win 10RS3. To add to confusion, the drivers under Win 10 RS3 are all older than the drivers under Win 10 RS1. What would you guys suggest I do? I'm leaning towards saving Win 10 RS1...

I also recently encountered the dead battery after leaving the computer on charger for around 2 months without using it. I'm assuming battery replacement is the only solution? (It's hard to use this machine when my work gave me XPS 15 with i7-6820HQ, 4K display, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD, and 960m GPU..)

4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Hey everyone! I'm trying to replace the keyboard on this, does anyone have a guide showing how it's done? looks like it's going to be complicated.

5. Hamahang

Hamahang Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I read a lot of pages in this thread, but i still have some questions.

Its about best practice when you fomat and reinstall windows 10!

I read that windows automatically update many drivers all the time that may not be recomended by manufacturer/for the computer.

What is the best thing to do after fresh windows 10 install??

Is it to install ""samsung driver update"" and let it update everithing for you...

Or install intel driver utillity...to get latest intel drivers from intel?

And stop windows from updating some drivers?

I guess many peaple here have reinstalled windows 10 and know whats the best way to update and what drivers that is imoprtant.

I just got a np940x3g with 8gb ram and i7 Hasswell.

Whats good to know.....Do and Donts

Thx

6. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Just install windows 10 and let it sit there for 30 mins or so with an internet connection. It should get almost all if not all the drivers.

7. Hamahang

Hamahang Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Thx, but that i know that, pretty used to update computers...

But i read that some people complaind about that windows automatically update thair driver to a newer version thats not samsung approovet.

I mostly whant to know some good tips n trix about my new samsung 900x3g

Tnx <3

8. Hamahang

Hamahang Newbie

Reputations:
    I read thats samsung is not always giving you the latest updates sw update....and that you can search for a new version of np940x3 to get newer updates.

Is that true??