2013 Ativ Book 9 Plus owner's lounge (NP940X3G)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulreedsmith, Sep 25, 2013.

1. nordpol

nordpol Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow. In my experience now during the last 30min, the scaling is worse than before. Everything looks whack. Disappointed...

2. nordpol

Reputations:
    1) happens to me as well.

3. nordpol

Reputations:
    Does anyone know a fix for this issue? It's extremely irritating.

4. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    On the subject on Win 8.1, please see the sticky thread we just posted about it.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...pgrade-until-samsung-has-updated-drivers.html

Even though there is likely to be some issues unique to individual models (particularly a brand new one like the AB9+) the basic incompatibilities between Win 8.1 and existing Samsung drivers, Settings and SW Update are common to all Samsung models. We're trying to gather experiences and updates about that instead of having it mushroom across all the individual threads (as is currently happening).

5. blue13x

blue13x Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This affects all of the latest Sammy notebooks. I would restore to factory defaults and wait for samsung to issue updates. This is unacceptable though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. pdagal

pdagal Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    SWUpdate indeed doesn't work properly: you have to enter your complete model number manually and select updates to download to the folder of your choice (it won't install them for you, you have to do that). I had no problem with the existing drivers installed on my 9 Plus except Bluetooth (I used SWUpdate to download BT driver and that did the trick). Brightness, Fn keys all work. I did make sure I'd downloaded all driver updates using SWUpdate before installing the Windows 8.1 update.

7. droyder

droyder Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    have any of you AB9+ owners experienced/noticed accurate color rendering issues on your panel?

there's a big discussion going on in the Yoga 2 Pro thread between new owners of that machine who are having noticeable problems displaying the color yellow, as well as other colors to a lesser effect. the faulty yellows are quite striking and pretty incredible for such a highly touted display.

the Yoga 2 Pro QHD+ panel is the same Samsung panel as used in the AB9+, hence the question here.

8. isosunrise

isosunrise Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Why do you say they use the same display? From what I have seen, Yoga uses Sharp's IGZO and 9B+ uses Samsung's PLS.

9. droyder

droyder Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  10. leg0

leg0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone managed to get chrome to scale correctly? If so, how? For me, the ui elements are extremely small.