2013 Ativ Book 9 Plus owner's lounge (NP940X3G)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paulreedsmith, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielwill

danielwill Newbie

Reputations:
    HOW CAN I FIX THE YELLOW DISPLAY PROBLEM.

I know this is a known problem, but apparently now Samsung doesn't know how to fix it. The downloadable patch mentioned here doesn't work. My yellows are still brownish--the same plugged or unplugged.

At one point, support was able to walk me through installing a new driver so that yellow's actually displayed as yellow--so I know it's possible. But then new software updates reverted it.

The Samsung Software updater updated the display driver again yesterday and I hoped it would correct the problem but it hasn't.

I imagine most people don't complain because they go to web sites and watch movies and that all looks fine--but as a graphic designer, having the colors display so incorrectly is a big problem for me.

When I called Samsung they said I'd have to send my computer in for service--but we all know it's not a hardware issue, because software can fix it--only the patch they have now doesn't. For the world's biggest LCD maker, you'd think that being able to display yellow, one of the three primary colors in RGB would be a no-brainer, but, apparently, it's something they don't want to bother with.

Does anyone know a way to make yellow display as yellow?

2. hookem324

hookem324 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone help me with slooww IE Windows 8 version? Pages take too long to load. Hitting the back button often results in greyed out screen in continuous loading phase. Its really frustrating. I disabled add ons but no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3. sarguin

sarguin Newbie

Reputations:

Same here!

4. michaeljean

michaeljean Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Funny I was actually trying to do the opposite my yellows were not brownish I think what you have to do is install the intel graphics from intel not Samsung and that should do it when I installed the Samsung intel version I got my yellows brownish which is what I want.

5. paulreedsmith

paulreedsmith Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Am I blind or do Chrome Canary have HiDPI-support now on this thing? Looks realy good. Some elements are a bit smal, but rather that than too big like on the retina MBP.

6. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I have heard that too. See this post for some references, which also mention an option to enable HiDPI on regular Chrome. But other members were not not able to confirm that as working.

7. Rrolack

Rrolack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Chrome Canary does look good now, though scrolling in IE is quite a bit smoother.

8. wilkster

wilkster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Chrome beta (32 and 64 bit) does as well now.

9. paulreedsmith

Reputations:
    Yes. Regluar Chrome had HiDPI-scaling - and then it disapeard.

Back and forth-gestures work aswell on Canary. I will use my AB9+ ALOT more from now on.

10. paulreedsmith

Reputations:
    Yes but STILL no adblock and no sync across diffrent devices. And Chrome is still faster and loads consistently. Same against Safari. But if ABP was avalible I would use IE on this laptop anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.