2012 Focus alternatives?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Gamer872, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visiom88

visiom88 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I picked up my Mazda 3 Skyactiv AT for $19k including taxes and fees. It just took me 2 days to make the dealerships in my area compete via email to the point some dealers bailed out. Don't ever visit a dealership until you confirm a good price from them. :)

2. Gamer872

Gamer872 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    The Focus/Fiesta don't have transmission problems, they were just really jerky and crappy at parking lot speeds at least the DCT ones (huge issue for almost all DCT). The manual ones are fine.

4. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Ford Focus and Mazda 3 are probably gonna be the sportiest choices in the segment at or under $20k. Both have independent rear suspension and were purposefully engineered to have fun to drive characteristics. Sure, they're not gonna do much in a straight line, but they've got decent grunt. You will have some fun in the corners.

If you dad does go for the Focus, have him consider the sport package. You get rear disc breaks, alloy wheels, sport seats, rear spoiler and leather wrapped steering wheel all for about $1,200. Total price, about $20,200.

5. Gamer872

Gamer872 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot USA. It's a good idea to mention to him. I doubt he will think about it though he wants to spend as little as possible. He is looking at getting the S model lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.