2012 Detroit Auto Show

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by makaveli72, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Honda actually tried this with the Acura RDX and failed miserably. That engine was laggy and got lousy mileage. That's why the 2013 RDX is going V6 only.

Except Mazda (Speed 3 and CX-7). The Sonata 2.0T engine is very good. The rest of the car is just OK.

The current Accord is not all that great. The I4 engines are too loud, the ride is a bit too firm, and the ergonomics are less than ideal. I'm hoping the 2013 redesign addresses these issues.

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yup. IIRC the current civic was rumored to be a completely different vehicle: larger and with better interior materials than the current car which is a step back from the outgoing car. They scrapped those plans for some reason and quickly whipped up the current car.

Jumping back to the fusion (and turbocharging) for a sec: The more i look at it the more it grows on me...the character line running through the door handles looks a bit odd from some angles but in others it's handsome. I just hope they'll offer a beige color scheme on the interior. As far as turbo adoption goes, the 2.5 NA motor sounds like it'll please the "technophobic/super rational" crowd that the midsize segment attracts.

I also forgot to mention the Buick Encore....it's interesting as it'll be the first subcompact luxury CUV. Apparently it's tiny, but i like it.

The new Boxter looks sick as well.

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I was talking about their family sedans. And I've driven the Sonata 2.0T, and it doesn't have the smoothness of a V6, but that's just my opinion (and apparently alot of consumers in Consumer Reports). I'm not hating on the 2.0T, but family cars are supposed to be a smooth ride.

Honda has always suffered from loud engines and their cabins let in road noise, and ride quality has always been a low point, IMO but their transmissions/engines far surpass Toyota's and rivals.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Then you should have made that clear.

And you want to talk about small displacement engines, Honda's aren't really that any more. The Accord's 2.4-liter I4 is average for the class, as is the 3.5-liter V6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.