2012 Detroit Auto Show

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by makaveli72, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makaveli72

makaveli72 Eat.My.Shorts

Reputations:
    What...no thread about the new automobiles for 2012 > ?

Was browsing the other day and a couple of these caught my eyes;

Like the Lexus LF-LC Concept

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKA147UJAFo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKA147UJAFo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

And the 2013 Honda Coupe Concept

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXzufKLQnHY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXzufKLQnHY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My oh my, this Honda is sexxy; makes me wanna ditch my Jeep and get a Honda! Yea, the rims seem to be stolen from the 2011 Kia Sportage but it's freakin' gorgeous IMO. :my next ride gotta be a coupe:

The Acura ILX Concept doesn't look too bad either.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    1) Lexus - Bahaha Lexus and not boring are not allowed to be in the same sentence. The concept is nice, but will it be production? FT-86 is going to be entry level sports, but will it be a GT-R killer? That's why Honda killed the NSX concept as it was more expensive than the GT-R and was far slower.

2) Eh that Accord coupe looks rice IMO. The rims...doesn't match the tastes of most Accord buyers. Plus are they going to sell that many to warrant a new design? I'm pretty sure Honda sells 10 or 20 sedans and like 1 coupe.

3) Eh Acura ILX...Honda has always been smart by killing models that compete with each other (they killed DC5 Integra, aka RSX in favor of Si, etc). Unless it's closer to low 20's, there's no market IMO. Ya RSX was a popular seller, but many people moved to Civic or TSX/TL once Honda killed it.

3. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_wBvLYAL9lg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_wBvLYAL9lg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I want.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  4. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The accord wasn't really doing it for me. It's more of another refresh than anything...with so many all new entrants in the segment, it kinda feels like a bunt...kinda like the "new" civic. It's nice no doubt, but its very much same old same old.

The new fusion looks quite interesting. The astonesque grille is nice, better than the gaping maw on the focus. I'm sure it'll drive as well as (if not better than) the outgoing Mazda6 based car.

I'm very excited about the new Dart. Sounds like a fun little car and they can finally put the Caliber behind them. Interior looks great too. Only concern is if people will buy it...i sure hope so.

ATS = zomg *drools* seriously, it looks great inside and out and finally a recent GM car that actually weighs less than the competition.

The Prius C is pretty cool. It's honestly not a bad looking hatch and if the rumors that toyota's being conservative with the 50+ mpg estimates are true...at under 20k to start....this thing will sell like hotcakes.

Per usual I'm disappointed by what looks to be a cheap interior, plus it'll drive like a prius (read: not fun at all) but with that powertrain and that mpg for that price...even I can't complain, something had to give to keep the price low.

5. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    What is up with the Aston Marton blatant plagiarism on the Fusion...it somehow doesn't look right.. :X

And I wonder if Ford smoothed out the turbo motors transmissions, alot of reasons why Japanese car manufacturers why away from it for their mainstream family cars, it usually isn't smooth. Hyundai found that out with the 2.0T they put in the Sonata..

6. Shobster

Shobster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm seeing this trend of european body styles being applied to american cars these days, more specifically to Chevy (New Camaro SS, Cadillac CTS-V). Kinda ticks me off, I like seeing American styles. (Big, vulgar)

7. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think the new Fusion is one good looking car, the more I see it the more the styling grows on me. The ecoboost engines (the 1.6 and 2.0) are definitely gonna be the show stars for the Fusion. Great gas mileage and lot's of torque down low. Ford has had a lot of success with ecoboost and turbo's are the future. Honda and Toyota need to play catch up if they want to stay current with turbo engines power and fuel efficiency advantages. I think if Ford can really nail the driving dynamics with the Fusion (which they seem did focus on) then it could easily be the mid-size segment leader especially when compared to bland land yachts like the Accord and Camry.

8. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Honda never has, and never will be proponents of turbo charging. They've always believe in a small displacement motor, that revs high to let the end user balance fuel economy/acceleration.

As it stands, NO Japanese car will ever put turbos into their mainstream lineups as it doesn't offer a smooth power delivery compared to an N/A motor, and that is something Toyota and Honda have mastered. Hyundai tried that with the Sonata with the 2.0T motor, and IMO had alot of resistance from their old V6 as it was nowhere as smooth.

Oh and Honda and Toyota's mainstream compact and midsized family cars have succeeded for the past 20-30 years, I doubt they are going to make major changes. If the system ain't broke, don't change it.

9. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    Still hate the Accord coupe. Nice kit, but looks like a fish still.

10. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The "new" Civics reception was so bad its only sticking around for 1 model year. Expect a new Civic for 2013.

2013 Honda Civic Refresh Confirmed | AutoGuide.com News

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.