2012 Camry

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by CanadianDude, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Well again, it is the subcompact vs full size, and again the reason why I refuse to buy "normal" cars. I hate the disconnected/sluggish steering. Honda's have been okay, but the 2012 Civic is just terrible (disconnected feel for steering). It's the standard now for family cars to be dull and drab...but at least you'll be safe when you crash into the sidewall when you can't get your feel for the steering..

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I drive in rental cars two weeks/month on average, just about all of them are "appliances" aka basic transportation with A/C and a radio. They are just fine for that purpose as I'm sure this 2012 Camry will be.

Lack of steering feel? Yes, but obviously it's not a priority/concern for these buyers. I really don't care either as it's basic transportation, TBH.

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well at least Ford has kept communicative steering feel and solid handling in their 2012 Focus, they seem to be one of the only automakers concerned with engaging driving dynamics in their sub-compact and compact cars.

4. _Cheesy_

_Cheesy_ Notebook Hoarder

Reputations:
    You really can't compare a Camry to a Malibu. It already been a fact that Japanese car are more reliable and last a whole lot longer than American car. I talk to countless car technicians and they all agree that American car don't last very long but that been the general consensus for the last 10 years or so.

What I like about American cars is that they are safer, more powerful, and one hell of a ride. Japanese car are not as safe as american car to cut the cost of gas mileage.

Either way I like the 2011 Camry much more than the new 2012 Camry.

Lastly people who buy Camry do not buy it for the performance but for the reliability that it has to offer. I agree with you guys, driving a Camry is quite boring to say the least.

5. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    I find this statement odd, Japanese car manufacturers sacrificing safety in pursuit of fuel efficiency? I find Japanese cars to be among the safest in the World as well as developing some of the World's most reliable and fuel efficient engines. I live in the Eurozone where it has stringent safety standards for automobiles and most Japanese cars do well over here in terms of safety and owner satisfaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.