2012 Camry

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by CanadianDude, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I don't see why not. I'm expecting the 2012 Camry's to hit at least 400k units in the US alone.

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Ugh hideous, looks like the last generation Avalon but...uglier. I refuse to buy new cars..

4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Same. IMO, it looks like a blown up Corolla circa 2009... just with sharper corners.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Still ugly, and will likely be very cheap feeling. DIAF, Toyota. DIAF.

6. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    All Japanese cars have been going in a backwards trend of declining quality, and ever increasing prices. Again, I refuse to buy new cars. That 90's period was when Japan was making their best cars. I had a '96 Accord LX, and my mom's '07 Accord LX, feels "cheap" but it cost 2 grand more (not adjusted for inflation).

I've drove a new Corolla and a Camry, and honestly the amount of cheapo, low quality plastics and just a sense of overall cheapness (pricetag wasn't low either..), I can't imagine why anyone would test drive and honestly say it was a decent car. The only reason I can think of why people buy new Civics, Corollas, Accord is because of the name, nothing else. I've had the unfortunate luck of driving a 2012 Civic, garbage. Steering is unresponsive, even more understeer, expensive, just no reason to get a new Civic, you'd be better off with an older model and saving some $$.

7. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    ^My old '93 Corolla would approve that statement.

I gave it to my mother _years_ ago... it currently has around 340K miles. The only major parts it's had replaced were an alternator and transmission. There was a bearing failure on the transmission, and before it was pulled out it still drove like a champ... I just couldn't trust it.

At the end of time, all that will be left are cockroaches and early 90's Japanese cars. Promise. (oh, and Keith Richards)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  8. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes I agree. Several of my friends have mid 90's Camrys and Accords, and their interiors are extremely well built and they're all running very strong. The newer model imports don't have the same level of refinement and build quality, but they are still fairly good...

You have to remember that most people only see cars as a means of getting from point A to B. They don't care about quality, refinement, plastics etc...as evidenced by VW Jetta's strong sales figures for the new model. The civic will probably do the same thing.

9. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yes, but Toyota has a level of cheapness unto its own.

I drive a 2011 Honda Accord, and after some jerk hit and ran my car, I had a 2011 Camry for two weeks as a rental.

The quality is FAR less than the Accord, both in looks and feel. Toyota overdoes it a bit (in a bad way) on the quality aspect.

10. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Well looks is something Toyota has not done right for about 4+ years now. Honda has always had a more conservative look IMO, better looking. My parents had 2 bad experiences with late 80-early 90's Toyotas (Corolla and Camry) so they switched to Honda.

My thing is I don't want a car that everybody has. In Potomac MD, Civics, BMW's, Benz, Corolla, Accord, Camry galore. Not too many 240SX's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.