2012 BMW 328i (Luxury line) or 2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Kaelang, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :eek: You, sir, did not have good luck with yours!

They've been through several HPFP revisions, and the latest design seems to have a much, much lower failure rate. Like I said, I haven't had a single issue with mine. It helps that my car isn't my daily driver, so I don't really sweat the issue due to having a backup.

Were you modded?

2. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I know this conversation has been going on for several months now, but I'll chime in as well.

I drive a 2011 328i and absolutely love it. Very smooth ride, responsive handling, luxurious yet sporty... it's a great combo and gets pretty good gas milage.

So I say go with the Bimmer. But that's me.

Since I was 16, I've owned:

2006 Saturn VUE - there was only one reason I really enjoyed this car and that was the fold down seats. That was beneficial in high school - for some reason or another that I don't list here... Hehe.

2009 Honda Civic - nice car, but pretty gutless. Pretty cheap-feeling interior. Good milage, however, and it's a workhorse and pretty reliable.

2010 Honda Accord - a bit of a bump from the Civic, but it's a big sedan and you lose a lot of the power and handing. Interior is pretty cheap, as well.

2011 BMW 328i - I feel more-so "one with the car" than I did with any of my last cars. The responsiveness of the engine and handling is great, and it's the interior is very, very enjoyable. Quiet ride, as well. Much quieter on the road than anything else I've owned.

Just my two cents.

3. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    A bit perplexing to cross shop a Charger and a BMW. Even fully loaded, the Charger isn't going to ever be as refined as the new 3 series. The Dodge is heavy and emphasizes on raw displacement induced horsepower, and the BMW is more of a refined canyon carver.

If the 2013 Fusion serves as an indication, Ford's definitely going down the right path here.

4. bsmack

bsmack Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With 47k I would probably get an STI or an evo and spend the rest on performance mods. I do live in a cold climate though, so awd is pretty important to me!

5. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    out of all the american car companies, Ford has been really impressing me as of late. it seems like the company, as a whole, has come together and are actually focusing on real improvements throughout their line up.
    for near 50k, u'd have to be smoking crack to even consider a regular 3-series. :cool:

6. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    Here's where I came up with those cars:

I really love the refinement of German cars. They're beautiful and I love everything about the new Audi A4 and A6, and loved the new 328i.

But the Dodge has a more primal appeal. It's big, angry, loud. It has a menacing character that I've always loved. Sure it's heavy, probably doesn't handle well, but it has more charisma and character than any German car I can afford. I haven't actually been in the new Charger, but the interior looks to be of good quality.

I don't see how it's perplexing to shop between the Charger and 328. Sure they're very different cars, but I don't care about that. I have no space requirement, the only things I'm looking for are high quality, clean layout that won't bore me after a year, and fun.

7. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've sat in the new Charger and 300: both cars have very good interiors.

While Ford's (deservedly, I might add...their product lineup is great) been getting a lot of attention, Chrysler's been upping their game as well on things like getting better interior materials, technology (UConnect Touch is far superior to MyFord Touch in terms of responsiveness and "reliability"), and driving dynamics.

8. Super Bee

Super Bee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look at my member name.
    Tells it all!

I drove one of these bad boys and they haul!
    The ride is surprisingly smooth due to the Daimler (Mercedes) suspension.
    The Hemi will also operate in economy mode using only four cylinders.

Friend of mine has the R/T model.
    He's upgraded the exhaust system on it.

Go Super Bee! :cool:

BTW: I've also driven many BMWs and I wasn't too impressed with them.
    I do have to admit however that the 7 series is nice.

9. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you try turning them or just driving in a straight line as fast as possible? :D

10. Super Bee

Super Bee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Drove them as fast as possible...
    away from the police who were in hot pursuit! :D

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.