2012 BMW 328i (Luxury line) or 2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Kaelang, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Altima's 2.5L is basically a stroked up KA24DE, my motor. It has a flat torque curve, it's basically a truck motor, though your Altima weighs more than my 240SX..

I can't wait to get the money to do my supercharged V8 swap..

2. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i agree with american cars' interiors. i can't quite understand why they continue to fall short in this area, year after year. the only word i can really describe them with is: "American." :shrugs: u also have to keep in mind that the CTS-V is more sport luxury than luxury.

u looked into a 4-door A/S5? i remember Audi talkin about producing one. me, personally, if i had about $50,000 in my hand right now...i would probably get a Mercedes E-class sedan with the AMG/sport package.

3. greenlee

greenlee Newbie

Reputations:
    Lexus GS 350F sport

4. houstoned

Reputations:
    one of these will be my next (used) car: Audi A7, Lexus GS, or the MB E-class.

when i looked, the markup on the new GS was pretty ridiculous. they were closer to $60k.

5. greenlee

greenlee Newbie

Reputations:
    No point in arguing when everyting in the future will either be lower displacement turbo 4s or 6. If you want smoother engine, might as well get a hybrid...

6. houstoned

Reputations:
    a smoother engine and a smoother driving experience are 2 totally different things.

bigger cars need bigger motors to drive them better/more smoothly. nothing u can really do about it.

7. greenlee

greenlee Newbie

Reputations:
    I dun understand ah:confused: :D

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    As an extreme (very extreme) example, try fitting a 4-cyl from a sedan into an 18-wheeler and see how well it does you.

9. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon

Reputations:
    A larger car is heavier and will need more torque and horsepower to have the same responsiveness. More power on tap, as provided by a larger engine, will give a larger car the responsiveness to match a smaller/lighter car with a smaller engine. Simple.

Part of the reason why a 3-series can get away with a TwinTurbo-4 while a base 7-series starts with a TwinTurbo-6 and peaks at a W-12.

10. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I should also note that $47k is really outside the budget that I want, but I'm only willing to do maybe $42k if it's a new car. I would like to stay in the $30's and still meet the requirements that I've already listed. I'm sure I can get a 2012 3 or a 2011 5 in 2 years for something in the 30k range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.