2012 BMW 328i (Luxury line) or 2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Kaelang, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i still say Audi S5. if u're set on a 3-series, at least get a used M3. how about a CTS-V?

2. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Get a V. If OP doesn't buy one, I'm buying another one on his behalf... but for myself. :D

What he meant to say was:
    Infinity is an expensive Nissan.
    Honda needs to cut the life support on Acura.
    Lexus is basically an expensive Toyota.

Speaking of Infiniti, I cannot stand three things about its product line:
    1. The physical navigation system set up is awful. All the buttons are pointing at the sunroof - how am I supposed to see what I'm pressing?
    2. The fact that all the cars look like they are melting.
    3. That big SUV they got.

3. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    :laugh:

They're finally starting to get their styling act together on a few cars but yeah...they're still in the weeds.

4. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I haven't been in a caddy for a while, but I always hated their interiors. Have they improved?

I think I need a sedan. Living with a coupe has taught me a few things:
    People don't care how they get in your coupe as long as they get in. Plastic and cloth bits be damned. Lacking those extra doors is just causing more damage to my poor car, because the people that ride in it treat it like their own cars, which is akin to torture.

I love the look of the The a5 and s5. Really gorgeous. But I don't like the interiors on Audi's and again, I need a sedan.

Not the biggest fan of Porsche's either. They all look the same as they have forever. And if I do get a coupe, which isn't likely, I need at least good room for 4.

5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Come on nothing wrong with a coupe, you basically discourage people from riding in your car. My 240SX does not have rear seats, or rather they are unusable with the way I drive, I put the seat all the way back. It's a 2+2 for insurance purposes.

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    When shopping for her new car (eventually, the Avalon), we checked out a few American offerings, namely the CTS and the LaCross. The Buick had a crap interior, mostly the seats weren't comfortable to us, and the Caddy doesn't feel like luxury. Seats were firmer than other luxury cars we tried out, but that's probably because the CTS is suppose to be a more sporty feel. We mostly hated the price the dealership (and others) wanted for a decent CTS (~$55k).

7. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Speaking of troubled vehicles...

Never in my life have I seen as many strange and crippling issues as I've seen on my grandmothers CTS. I wouldn't touch a Cadillac with a 24.5" pole if you gave me the ~$55k+ it took to buy one.

Plus, I'm not saying my LS is much better, but a Spec-V? Might as well set fire to an oil field.

Their interiors are still cheap IMO, but they are on the right track. They're definitely better than they were just a few years ago.

I think between the choices you have, the 5-series is unbeatable. Personality on the road, good interior, performance (if you get the 550)... which brings me to another point. If I were to buy a BMW 4-door sport-luxury vehicle, I expect nothing less than a turbo-diesel or an inline-6. Nothing else, which makes the base model a definite N-O for me... but that's me. From Car and Driver:

To our ear, most four-cylinders speak with one of two voices: wimpy or pissed off (the latter frequently in part because they’re still a little wimpy). In the Z4, BMW’s new 2.0-liter falls in the pissed-off camp. For the engine’s installation in the 5-series, BMW apparently made no audio breakthroughs and went with the more fitting weaker soundtrack. (We can’t imagine too many 5-series buyers desiring a car that sounds like a Honda Civic Si—or the rorty, rude Z4.) There’s a slightly inappropriate-for-a-luxury-car drone at startup and idle.

I don't care what anyone says, a 6-cyl will always be smoother and more refined than any 4-cyl.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Owning a 4-cyl sedan (Altima 2.5S) and driving a 6-cyl (Avalon, some others), I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. 4-cyl cars just suck, engine-wise. I'm waiting for the day when I can finally get something more refined than my 7yo Nissan (though it'll likely be another Nissan, but with more power).

9. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The new CTS-V is hell of a performer. No one knows how long it will last though since it just recently came out. But the general rule is usually performance and longevity do not go together, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new V's gave out early.
    (My first gen needed power steering replacement at 38K miles).

10. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    i think the bmw is the better choice among the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.