2012 BMW 328i (Luxury line) or 2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Kaelang, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, then I can understand your opinion!

2. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Personally, I wasn't impressed with the new Charger. Not at all. Sure it has a nice exhaust note, but it's not worth it.

Indeed. Nothing I've ever driven handles like a BMW on a winding/curvy/hilly road. It's not called the ultimate driving machine for nothing.

3. Super Bee

Super Bee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To be serious about the subject (as I hear a Mustang CA Special rip down the street - nice ride) I drove the BMWs through the Ultimate Driving Experience. So I do know what I'm talking about. ;)

Skidpad, full on ABS 0-60 with smoke pouring out from rotors, racing on track...well you get the picture. The interiors seem too cheap for my liking (personal preference there).

Also my brother owned a 325i.

4. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BMW definitely knows how to make cars that handle and feel terrific! Then, they neuter those cars and sell them to the general public, leaving the enthusiast to undo the damage and bring out the true beauty :mad:

No worries, just a gentle ribbing between car enthusiasts with different taste. Fortunately, there's something for everyone out there. I'll say that people either tend to love the simplistic design of the interiors or not. Personally, I like it (E9x models excluded)!

I'm curious, what cars did you drive while at the UDE?

5. Super Bee

Super Bee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Drove every line they had with the exception of the X class SUV.

A wind storm blew down two of the four temporary tents set up which curtailed that activity.

Thinking back on it, the M5 was also nice to drive. Seemed pretty responsive.

I would have thought that the Z4 would be a blast, however due to my excessive height it proved to be a burden. I would whack my knees against the dashboard in the turns. Five laps in that thing proved to be of discomfort.

James Bond must be smaller! :D [​IMG]

6. Kazalor

Kazalor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    as a complete BMW fanboy ( see profile pic) and snobby 6 series driver hahaha, I must say you have to go with the 328i. I rented one while my bimmer was in the shop and it was a joy to drive. Compared to my 6er, sure it was boring but for somebody who is not accustomed to a 4.8l v8 and 360 ponies, you should be fine! The "Ultimate Driving Experience" will never let you down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.