2011 MBP Bootcamp Benchmarks - add yours

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by konceptz, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in_the_monkey

in_the_monkey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've already checked notebookcheck.net and they dont list any numbers for either the 6750 or the 8800m gtx

2. niithegoat

niithegoat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @tHE j0KER

Why so serious?

** I agree with you that is is about personal preference. I am just trying to show my benchmarks results and share my experience. No need to be a smarta$$ or pick my post and misspelling apart. Do you know under which conditions I type? No, so again, I wasnt asking you to proofread my post.

Also, no need to go personal and fling "fanboy" this, "fanboy" that.

So, lets move on buddy, ok?

To make this crystal clear: I have had a plethora of laptops (macs and pcs) and last year I got a 13" Macbook Pro and an Alienware. Because I wanted something for gaming and something for work, and the work I do requires a lot of battery life and good processing power - and the gaming I do and where I do isnt necessarily close to outlets (so I got the M11x R1 and then the R2).

So, when I heard about this laptop I thought: "maybe this one will replace both that I have now?" .. and it did. The battery life is great, it allows me to play my games better than the m11x did and the processor is pretty fast - and it also feels pretty solid. so, Im glad I picked this.

I would be curious to see how much pc laptops with similar processors and specs will be (they wont have thunderbolt right away but when they do, I would be very curious to see their price).

3. TheUndertow

TheUndertow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Moar benchmarks and less bickering!

Buy what you like and be happy...

4. niithegoat

Reputations:
    Game: Fallout New Vegas
    System: Bootcamp / Windows 7 Enterprise
    Hardware: Macbookpro8,2 - Macbook Pro 15", 2.3Ghz, i7 Quad, Radeon 6750m, Momentus XT Hybrid 500GB, 8GB Ram

Resolution: 1680x1050
    Antialiasing: 4 samples
    Anisotropic filtering: 8 samples
    Detail: High
    FPS:average 45
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4U8peg5FE0

-------------------------------------------------------------

Crysis Benchmark on Macbook Pro 15" i7 2.3Ghz - 8GB Ram - momentus xt 500gb -
    Battery life on Windows 7 Bootcamping and gaming: 2hrs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

==============================================================

5. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I decided to pick one up today (ordered online, CTO) based on chatter on twitter by the DICE devs on BF3 (@Demize99, @repi, @daniel_collin, and @ChristinaCoffin) - they're all in the States for GDC and they are picking up MBP 15 and 17's with the 6750M to save money versus Swedish pricing. I even got @ChristinaCoffin to confirm (in a roundabout way) that BF3 would run pretty well on it. :) The rest of the guys either didn't respond to my tweets or gave no comment responses as they have not yet officially released specs. That was enough to build my confidence up as BF:BC2 and the upcoming BF3 are all I care about. :)

6. niithegoat

Reputations:
  7. konceptz

konceptz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @niithegoat: Great posts! These are exactly what I was wanting to see/expecting.

@faiz: You're right, As someone that has been waiting for a viable notebook that can beat/replace a desktop 8800xx, it's been a loooong time coming.

So, I just blasted my bootcamp partition until I install a new hard drive, can someone install and run furmark?

Furmark 1.9.0 Download

8. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  9. niithegoat

Reputations:
    I installed it myself. I tried the one that came with it (750gb) and an SSD I had, and the momentus xt hybrid was the best compromise between space and speed.

I got the highspec antiglare screen. That video makes it look like sh*t though. I am using a phone camera.. I will try to do with a real camera.

10. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice. Let me know how you like the screen? I went with it blindly...figured non-glossy would be nice over glossy (I was going hi-res either way).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.