2010 KIA Forte Koup Coming This Summer Looks Great!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Red_Dragon, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i pink up da phone cuz it go green green and i say herrooo!

2. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    I like it. What the hell was design thinking to make the bottom rear look like that? I would have to get a custom body kit right away.

3. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  4. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hopefully the 200hp 1.6L turbo will make its way into the 4-door also! The GTI and Civic Si come in 2-door and 4-door versions, so it makes sense.

5. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    Yeah, i like the four door to. Would love to see and AWD 2.0T version but i know thats to much to ask. This 1.6 sounds amazing though.

6. allfiredup

Reputations:
    KIA really needs to make the 5-speed automatic available on all of the 2.0L Forte models. The LX/EX sedan and EX Coupe only have a 4-speed automatic. The only exception is the EX with the "Fuel Economy Package", which has a 5-speed auto.

The vast majority of these cars will be sold with automatic transmissions. So KIA and Hyundai (Elantra) are a gear short of most rivals.

7. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    Yeah i have noticed this. Though alot of the Hyundai's now have a 6 speed auto.

Kia is using smaller engine i think a 5 speed is fine. The 4 speed sucks but the vehicle that shocked me the most having a 4 speed automatic is the All-New Subaru Forester 2.5XT(Motor Trend Truck of The Year) This is the one that has the 240hp turbo engone(Only a 4 speed?!)

8. foosa123

foosa123 adsfjldsajflkajsdfa

Reputations:
    lol i hate the kia forte ads

"[insert activity here], NOT my forte...but THAAAAT is!" :mad:

9. allfiredup

Reputations:
    For some reason, Subaru still uses the 4-speed automatic in the Forester, Impreza and on Legacy/Outback with the 2.5L non-turbo. But the Legacy with the 2.5L turbo has a 5-speed automatic!?!?

Only having four forward ratios isn't a huge problem on the Forester/Impreza with the 2.5L turbo. But on the base models with the 170hp non-turbo, it's a handicap.

10. Kinghong1970

Kinghong1970 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i have to say, i'm ashamed of my fellow Kimchees... seriously... guys... why can't we be original?

it's crazy how much bad rep Korea's been getting in various industry for knocking things off...

even when i go to trade shows, i'm Korean American but many doors are closed for me until speak some english...not engrish... and open doors to me once they realize i'm from New Yawk Cittay...

soon i realized... so many koreans market studying with a camera and taking pics of other folks designs... so blatantly... in the open... if you're going to knock off, be discrete about it... please!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.