2010 Automobile of The Year VW GTI

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Red_Dragon, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't know, I just know that in my opinion it is not a VW Golf.

Just because some magazine calls the Golf GTI their car of the year (well before the fact :rolleyes:) doesn't make this some grand decision made by consensus or vote in the whole wide world of automobiles. Just some editors drove it in a diverse pack of cars that was however lacking numerous contenders. They liked it and felt it was a good bargain. That's it. One of those guys is extremely biased, owning two of them himself.

It is very important, especially in such a subjective "competition."

2. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I know its not that grand decision, that why its automobile of the year, and not car of the year. There are other awards, Car of the Year, North American Car of the Year, and World car of the Year. Many people say the GTI is the best bargain for a new car in the $20,000 range. Of course the Genesis is a solid choice in there now as well not to mention the pretty awesome Mazdaspeed 3. But i think for what the GTI does for the money, it is a good car.

Well, looks and functionality mattered when i bought my car, so i guess thats true. But if looks really mattered i dont think people would have been buying the Prius, Aztec, etc.

3. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    Just because it is great now does it mean it will last 5 years even.

4. Azone

Azone Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^If the MKVI GTI is anything like the MKV (which it should be considering they are essentially the same car) then reliability/durability won't be a weakness. They're not class leading, but they've been above average. (I assume this is what you were refering to).

Surely this isn't a suitable Automobile of the Year for many people. But for someone like myself, it's near perfect. Pefect size, stellar interior, top notch performance, and a reachable price tag. (Although, I did buy a TDI...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.