2005 Scion tC Coupe

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by spradhan01, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am taking a friend with me who is good with the cars. Since, my university is far from the cities, I have to make a list of cars that I will be testing. So, if I drive there, I need to make sure that I come back with a car. :(

2. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have you considered waiting until the end of the semester? I don't know where your home is, but it's better to shop in the community where you live full-time, in the company of your family and/or long time friends.

If you put yourself in a position where you have to buy a car, you're putting yourself under pressure to buy something, anything.

Used cars are very expensive right now, but with gas prices rising, and likely to hit $5/gallon by summer, it's very likely that prices will fall, much as they did during the previous energy price spike and economic crisis. If you can wait until the end of the semester, you might find better deals, while taking your time to search and bargain.

Right now, the cars in your budget and area are all high mileage and very, very old, at least judging by your selection. When $5/gallon gas hits, you might be surprised by the deals on late model cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.