2001 Malibu Rear brake issues.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by DR650SE, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Same here. Had a 1992 Camaro with a blown engine and bought about $5,000 in performance parts to build a new engine. Then life intervened and I got a good job that was pretty far away and had to buy something reliable that got good gas mileage. Ended up selling the Camaro and all the parts on eBay for a pretty big loss. I guess part of growing up was realizing that I just needed maintenance free reliable transportation. When you're 16 and a new driver all you seem to care about is whats "cool".

2. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Ok so here is an update since it's been a while. Spent an arm and a leg getting my rear drum backing plates replaced, and renting a car in the mean time. After that I picked up the car from the shop.

EBrake wasn't working at all. Took it back and they adjusted it. Then my ABS was going crazy when I turned and was on the brakes. So I figured maybe an ABS sensor was unplugged. So I began to take the front wheels off. Well the shop, using an impact wrench managed to cross thread three studs on my front right wheel. So I was only able to get the wheel back on with 3 lug nuts. I took the car back to the shop and calmly explained the situation. it was about two days after getting the car back.

Well the shop owned it. The replaced the studs free of charge to my suprise. Then upon further inspection found that the rear wheel up sensor (spee/abs I think) was damaged by the tech replacing the backing plates. The shop also replaced this free of charge. So all in all, while I spent way to much money, they owned their mistakes and never once made an excuse or tried to blame me. Which I figured would be the case for the cross threaded studs. My car is finally back and working.

KPots, I know what you mean. I'm now in the market for something good on gas and reliable, which are things I didn't care for at all when I was younger.

Getting old sucks :p lol It's less fun. But now I have a wife and soon to be child to look after, so it's not really all that bad.

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I had to get help replacing studs on my 240SX rear, not fun. And that has pads NOT drums.

4. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Yea, I'm definately glad they picked up the tab. Otherwise it was going to be HUGE pain since I live in an apartment, and don't have all my tools, I was going to have to pay to have it done. Not to mention the downtime. I really just need to get rid of the car now that it's more or less reliable, and get something newer and more reliable.