1997 Toyota Corolla DX - $2,000

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    havent had any engine problems or anything with my 98 SVt contour, apart from lowering and cosmetic issues nothing has gone wrong internally.

2. Redline

Redline Notebook Prophet NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Mom's Mercedes C220, just rolled past 105k miles. Haven't done anything to it yet, other than basic maintenance and oil changes. I think we may have replaced the battery once, but thats the extent of it. That car is an absolute tank....take your Crown Vic and smoke it. :p

I don't know, my parents had an Accord for around 80k miles without any problems. If you're in high school, you probably only need the car for a year or two before you go to college, so I'd pay 1.5k for it and scrap it/sell it/whatever when you go to college.

3. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    Engine life depends on how its treated and taken care of.

Before buying an old car make sure you do basic tests like compression test, check oil cap for milky sludges, look for exhaust smoke, etc.

4. foo_ball76

foo_ball76 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My family has had 4 93-94 corollas over the past 5 years (mostly used by my siblings.. i.e. they beat the crap out of them). 4 of them have over 300k miles on them with minimal maintenance. If you're looking for cheap reliability look no further. Great investment if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.