1995 Saab 9000 CSE - Just need to know how reliable

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, there is a 1995 Saab 9000 CSE with 120k on it... new tires and water pump, asking $2,600

I can talk him down to like $2k i think

ANY WAY

How reliable in high miles are these cars though?
    (ex. Honda = 250k [so i'm told])
    Like that kinda info xD

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    If its an automatic, don't get it. I've had 3 of those models in my family, two were 94's and the third was a 97. One of the 94's was a CSE auto, the other two were Aero's. Both of the Aero's were nice, they were stick and actually did pretty good(sold one the other blew up... oops). Of course it threw a rod while being raced, it had alot of mods on it too. But back to the CSE, my bro replaced every part on that thing at least once, including the tranny. And it still never ran right. And 12k miles after he had the tranny rebuilt it went out again. So moral of the story, unless you like spending time in your garage, don't get a Saab. If you do though, they are very fun cars.

3. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's a stick...

So im guessing it's still a no?

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I kinda have to say yes to no. they're very fun cars, and really nice quality interior and stuff. But I think unless you know what to look for when buying them then it would be easy to get a lemon. But like I said, they're very nice cars, if you get one that runs good.

5. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    well, i can spot a "bad" car very easily... it's i just don't know ANYTHING about the Pre-GM Saabs (when they were actually european)...

If it was an american or japanese car, i'd have a little better understanding xD

On another note... The guy is selling it b/c his son can't drive stick (he is reather wealthy btw)
    and it's my assumption (without driving it that is) that if it was a lemon... would he have actualyl racked up 120k on it?

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    My bro's lemon CSE had that much on it, but the 97 that blew up went to 175k. Yeah, it turns out that the CSE was the last Saab that my family bought, but was still the biggest lemon of them all. When they work good they are great cars, so if you think its a good one and it is, then I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

7. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Alright, cool
    Thanks for the input!

8. narsnail

narsnail Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Repairs could be expensive because it was foreign, but I dont know if thats chnaged since GM bought them.

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Not really, you still have to buy most of your parts for Europe or used off of ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.