1990 Nissan 300ZX N/A T-Tops!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by YorkerBH, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YorkerBH

YorkerBH Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have recently have gotten to a settlement with a private owner of paying monthly for his 300ZX, along with a down payment. It's my first car and I am pretty excited to meet with the seller early start of the week.

Anyways, I know of the base 300ZX, 300ZX TT, and the 300ZX 2+2. Though, I never heard or found any details on the N/A version. What is the difference? Is it a slightly upgraded engine over the base 220HP one? What does N/A stand for?

Thanks! :)

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    N/A stands for naturally aspired, which means no forced induction, which means no turbo, which means its not nearly as cool. ;)

3. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Congrats!

N/A (Naturally-Aspirated) = No forced induction such as turbo or supercharger.

It is the base 222 hp VG30DE engine.

4. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    I prefer Naturally aspirated because it is fewer things to go wrong and not turbo lag

5. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    wrong.

(yap yap yap)

6. Tinselworm

Tinselworm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    get a turbo, much more powerful and turbo lag is about the same as your internet ping.

7. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    sup with all this misinformation?

FYI: comparing HP numbers between a forced inducted engine to a NA one is pretty pointless. it will take an NA car MUCH less HP to run the same straight-line figures, as compared to a FI car. often times, the NA car will have a much smoother power band and power delivery also.

if this is yur first car AND u'r on a budget, then keep yur headaches to a minimal and get the NA version. u have to consider alot of things when u get an older FI car. u will have to check/replace all seals, gaskets, oil lines/feeds, and make sure yur turbo is in PROPER workin order. all of that is on top of all the initial check ups u should do with a preowned vehicle.

8. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Turbo lag is there, but to me its never really been that big of a problem, most of the time is kinda fun. With those little gas motor's it isn't bad cause the turbo doesn't need to spool up to much for the optimal boost. Now if you get in an older powerstroke then you'll really learn what turbo lag is. ;)

9. YorkerBH

YorkerBH Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for all the answers.

I really am becoming fond of the T-Tops after looking at bunch of pictures. Anyways, I knew it didn't have TT but thought it might have had other small stock performance upgrades. No matter, the owner maintains the car well and has installed some aftermarket parts.

Is there a possible way to get Twin Turbos installed without an Engine swap? Ive read that some had installed the R32 Turbos from the Skyline R32. If I have to do an engine swap....well it's going to take awhile for me to save up.

10. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Do you really want to have turbo on your first car (meaning installed after the fact)?

That, and is it even worth sinking the money into it to get it turboed?

I really think its going to cause more harm than good -economically speaking (since it sounds like your on a tight budget)

As for the car its self, CONGRATS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.