17r5 usb constant disconnect

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by LullaienWolfrunner, Sep 13, 2018 at 9:22 PM.

1. LullaienWolfrunner

LullaienWolfrunner Newbie

Reputations:
    Good evening,

I am having constant issues with my usb devices disconnecting. I have a razer mouse, keyboard, firefly mousepad, and kraken headphones plugged in so i don't think i am really pulling too much current. All of these are plugged in through the usb ports on the alienware graphics amplifier. The devices usually need to be unplugged to work again or the laptop needs to be restarted. Usb selective suspend is off and for some reason device manager keeps changing my settings where I change it to not put things to sleep. Anyone else have this issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have this problem too but it hasn't been annoying enough for me to want to test and fix it. I assume drivers are the culprit but you'd need to boot into like Linux or something to do serious testing.

Edit: I'm on the 15 r4 BTW

Same Mobo I think though.

3. LullaienWolfrunner

Reputations:
    Yeah it has gotten really annoying. I've tried a powered usb hub with the same results. I can see its not just an alienware issue but windows 10 as a whole. Several folks have this problem and there is no true solution which is pretty disheartening. Last night i installed some modified intel usb driver which worked for a whole 10 minutes. :( It sucks that i can't even play a game without my usb ports going berserk.

4. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try reloading Windows?

5. LullaienWolfrunner

Reputations:
    Unfortunately not yet. I'm trying every other route and option before this. This might be what i am doing this weekend though.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try a Windows 10 PE such as HBCD PE or Sergei Strelec. If the ports work fine for long duration then its okay.
    You may need to uninstall Intel HID driver and the Synaptics/ELAN driver completely using revo with advanced removal for best results.

7. LullaienWolfrunner

Reputations:
    Not sure what happened in the past day but my disconnects seem to be gone. Not sure why or how but I'm not complaining.

Vasudev likes this.