17 R4 - Damaged EDP connector MOBO - Please help- :(

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by cope123abc, Dec 26, 2019.

1. EmilRLasut

EmilRLasut Newbie

Reputations:
    i have the same problem too ,is what your recommended on eBay the right item for replace the broken parts?? my laptop Alienware 15 R3 GTX 1060 ,pls help me,many thanks for you[​IMG]

Sent from my vivo 1918 using Tapatalk

2. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Connector in the message thread is the correct one.

3. joebobmyers

joebobmyers Newbie

Reputations:
    Just had the exact same thing happen to me while changing out the fans in my m17x R5. Really unfortunate, especially since I'm working from home full-time these days.

Anyone in the U.S. have recommendations for getting this repair done? I ordered the part from eBay, so once that arrives I'll need to find someone to do the repair. Unless a repair shop might carry an EDP mobo connector like this, in which case I can get the repair done sooner.

In the meantime, anyone have any luck getting your system to bypass the embedded display and boot with an external monitor? I tried plugging one in the HDMI port but no luck thus far. Having the system functional in some capacity would be extremely helpful, at the very least for getting my data off of there.

I'd truly appreciate any tips or advice from others in this thread who've gone through this already. And happy holidays to all. Thanks.

4. joebobmyers

joebobmyers Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm in the U.S. also, just had the same thing happen to my m17x R5. Were you able to get yours fixed? Or working with an external monitor? If so I'd love any advice you can share on it. Thanks!