17 R3, two motherboards in two years

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by MangoFL, Jul 2, 2019.

1. VICKYGAMEBOY

VICKYGAMEBOY Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    aww that hurts.. brings back the old memories.. all the mental abuse i had to go through to get system replacements.. good that its a design flaw.. and we figured it out what causes the issue..
    i really dont want anyone else facing this kinda issue, as of now, the only alienware model i would support is AREA51M.. even that one is not perfect.. rest of the lineups are joke.. complete crap.. Razer, Acer sends new units with undervolt applied.. and some premod tweaks on Other comp throttle things..

Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm observing random slowdowns on PM951 and SATA SSDs. But HDD speed aren't affected!

3. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thinkpad is more of a business laptop, the Dell equivalent is the Precision & Latitude series which IMHO are better. The past Legions had their own issues, such has failing hinges and keyboard failures. Newer ones may have rectified, but those are more mid range like the Inspiron G series, not really high end gaming laptops. I've never owned an Alienware (So I can't comment on those) but have numerous Precisions and Latitudes from my father's work, they generally hold up well in terrible conditions. I spent a few years in a very hot region where temps hit 100-120 F with no AC and dirty power delivery, the Dell's were the only ones that held up for a long time.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Vasudev likes this.