1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

17 inch laptop with 1080p screen

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by darthgervais, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgervais

darthgervais Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Beyond the hardcore gaming machines and the Macbook pro what 17 inch laptops are available with a 1080 screen?

I'm budgeting approx $1,500 for this purchase.

Dell XPS would be cool, but for some reason only the 900p resolution is offered. Going down to 16 inches the Sony F Series seems like a possible option ... any comments on this model.

2. test34

test34 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The best laptop for a 1080p screen is Qosmio X505-Q894 Laptop but screen is 18.4

3. HottSushiz

HottSushiz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's MSI laptops Sager, G73, and others that would fall under that category and price range.

I would recommend the Sager NP8170 it falls under $1300 on XoticPC and it has the new Sandy Bridge processor.

If your going to purchase the laptop from U.S try visit this site it will take you to their 17" section. I'm sure at least 1 laptop will take your liking.
    Custom Laptops, Gaming Notebooks, Custom Gaming Laptops | XOTIC PC

4. Cat in a Hat

Cat in a Hat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The link goes to a 15.6" model - the thread specifically states 17" screen.

Depending on your confidence, you can always swap the screen of (any brand - Dell in this case) your laptop - here's a (brand specific) link: http://forum.notebookreview.com/del...cial-swapping-xps-17-l701x-screen-thread.html

However, in all honesty, I'd wait until around Feb 14th - the dust will have settled a little from the new sandy bridge launches by major brands (in that - if one major brand launch a new range, you'd suspect their competitors will have a response in terms of models) and you'll have a more realistic over-view of the market.

That's if you can wait 2 weeks ;)

[edit]

To make this post make sense: Dell are releasing the new 702x models in Feb, which feature sandy bridge + options for 1080p screens; I suspect other brands will be releasing their responses to this launch as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.