15 day hiking trip with CF-19Mk6 +(?) Solar Panel

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by SJLPHI, Sep 19, 2017.

1. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    yep ... the easiest and most cost effective solution is a few extra '19 batteries and a charger .
    figure out roughly how many hours per day you are going to need to run the laptop .
    how long will it be between overnight stays .
    maybe a 2 bay or two single chargers would work ... these are cheaper than the 4 bay units .
    you could run some things as long as they can be powered by usb @ 500mA or a smart device that can negotiate the usb port for more power .
    the money you save can be used for chasing girls ... and there should be plenty of pictures of them to be posted for us to *critique* .
    :p:D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Karl Klammer likes this.
  2. Mutant

Mutant Newbie

Reputations:
    Get one at least 65W 20%~24% high High-efficiency Portable Foldable Solar Panel from ebay or other source. Make sure it comes with 16v DC laptop OUTPUT adapter (5.5 x 2.Xmm) that support old thinkpad / panasonic laptop.

Alternatively if you want to charge while still using your laptop then get a battery powerbank that support 16V DC input/output with adapter as well.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    UNCNDL1 likes this.
  3. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    The lightest system that I can think of is:
    Two or ? spare batteries.
    Fold-able solar panel. Possibly a roll-able type. It can double as a shelter.
    Charge controller. I'll take a picture of one that I have..it's about 4 ounces w/blinky lights and no switches. We ran a 12V version for a decade.
    Sun Selector.
    IMGA0064.jpg IMGA0066.jpg

Just some ideas. :)

Shawn likes this.
  4. Shellback

Shellback Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    CF-19 GPS Battery.jpg View attachment 149734 View attachment 149734 View attachment 149734

Member ohlip has mentioned several times that:

"The CF-19 GPS slot has also an option to install a battery back up. It is located beside the GPS connector board. The type of battery is the same as the cmos battery with a male connector and pigtail."
    ohlip, Oct 18, 2015

The picture is of a CF-19 MK4

Shawn likes this.
  5. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    I have at least one CF-31 Leadtek with a battery attached....and yes I used ohlip's advise on the subject.

Shellback likes this.
  6. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    Where are you going to be hiking at? A lot of the national parks have campgrounds with power and bath houses for your inbetween needs.

7. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Impossible to charge 4-6 batteries in 1 night :)

I'm travelling on my moto and never take my CF-19 with me if I'm going to be autonomous more than 2 days.
    I have 8 inch Lenovo tablet with small bluetooth keyboard and MicroUSB power input. This is my choice for such travels. 16W foldable solar panel charges this tablet very easy, plus my phone or power bank (2 USB outputs).
    Compact and lightweight solution.
    You have to accept you can't hike with CF-19 :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  8. Karl Klammer

Karl Klammer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    cf19sniper.jpeg
    This is my cf19. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My cf19 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My cf19, without me, is useless. Without my cf19, I am useless. I must hack my cf19 true. I must 0day straighter than my enemy who is trying to pown me. I must 0day him before he 0days me. I WILL…

My cf19 and myself know that what counts in this cyberspace is not the packets we fire, the noise of our mp3s, nor the joints we smoke. We know that it is the pownage that counts. WE WILL HACK…

My cf19 is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its screen and its battery. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my cf19 clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL…

Before ROB, I swear this creed. My cf19 and myself are the defenders of my data. We are the masters of our firewall. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LAN.

So be it, until victory is Panasonics and there is no packet loss, but net neutrality!

ADOR likes this.
  9. Shellback

Shellback Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. CWB32

CWB32 Need parts for my flying saucer.

Reputations:
    translation : "in this sign you will conquer"
    this slogan was used on the grand standard of a commandery of the "knights templar" and can be found in/on many other places and things .
    one of those places is on the older packs of "pall mall" cigarettes .
    plus "wherever particular people congregate" and "per aspera ad astra" (through hardship to the stars) was incorporated into the logo on the pack .
    in addition the tag line of ; "... and they are mild" was used :

oddly enough i was thinking about that slogan yesterday and could not remember where i had first seen it .