15.6" Lenovo 720s GTX 1050 ti? Thoughts? $1399

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by B0B, Mar 10, 2018.

1. mergen3107

mergen3107 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OMG, this laptop is so quiet in normal use on battery, that even minor coil whine fills the room lol

2. mergen3107

mergen3107 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I agree that it is not a direct alternative. However for specific target audiences the existence of Ideapad might be crucial not to purchase Y. I still remember that I never looked back to Y, when found Ideapad.

I am not saying that this must be true, but I suppose that Project Management guys in Lenovo consider such rapid choice switches seriously. Thus, they push out Y in summer first, wait half a year, and only then they release new Ideapads.

Ultimately what I mean is that if you have specific priorities in battery, weight, etc (that you mentioned), then you should:
    a) get current 720S now; or
    b) wait until December for let's say 730S, but for greater price, but not necessarily greater quality in power/heat (6 cores are not that heat effective tbh)

Otherwise, get the Y now.

P.S. Remember, some years there are no good choices.
    I was looking for a laptop since October 2017, and purchased mine only in July 2018. So I was looking at generations of '17 and '18 years. What can I surely say is that 2017 was not the best year to buy a laptop: bulky, hot laptops with a lot of compromises (single or soldered RAMs, poor screens, etc).
    Now in 2018 there are many laptops with better power/heat designs, much thinner and versatile.
    Who knows what 2019 will bring...