14x SATA II, SATA III Benchmark Comparison - BIOS Enabled or Disabled Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by anand00x, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killbeagle

killbeagle Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ??

I reversd all setting and the processor is still only at 2,0 instead of 2,2 and if I start e.g. Fritz Chess Benchmark it maxes out at 2,6 ????

How can I get it back to 2,2 and 2,9 ???

2. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Enable c states if you disabled it.

3. PhAyzoN

PhAyzoN Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Today I received my 256GB M4. Bought the one that comes with a transfer kit. Cloned my original HDD and just dropped the SSD in. I'm quite surprised, I'm getting SATA III speeds without doing anything. No messing with C-states or storage breaks, didnt touch Intel RST. Nothing. It just worked. Am I the first to accomplish this? :O

Stock "locked" A05 BIOS

4. DVSman

DVSman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope - I've had that exact setup running for about a month now. So far no problems. I don't plan on doing a fresh re-install unless something gets fubared or I decide to put the M4 into my next desktop build - but that's likely to be next march for Ivy Bridge :-D

5. Odatan

Odatan Newbie

Reputations:
    First of all, hi. I'm a long time reader but first time writer on that forum.
    I'really impressed with the possibilities of that ... dodgy bios. It looks like it's genuine and at least, it works good.
    Magic, with that bios, my vertex 3 240gb is just working as it should. I get what is advertise by ocz. some of my read speeds in atto are even higher than 550mb/s. really impress. I've been trying for month to get that drive and the laptop to work properly together and now, it's a reallity. It's stable, no crash, no hang, nothing.

Now i'm happy!

6. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, my Vertex 3 MI 120 is stable but only on 2.09 firmware. Please could you tell me what firmware you use and what settings you changed in Bios? I am unable to load Win7 on firmware 2.15.

7. Odatan

Odatan Newbie

Reputations:
    Good morning,

I used firmware 2.11 for V3. I have the regular V3, not the MI. I disabled c-state, enabled storage break event and disable any hot-plugin and lpm aggressive lpm. That's it and so far so good for the last 4 days.

Update:

Just installed FW2.15. V3 is running at full sata3 speed with default bios value (no break event, enable c-state. etc.). Full sata3 read AND write speed. No intel RST installed. Will come back to tell if stable in the long run.

Update 2:

Stability wasn't part of the deal... back are the unstable write speed and disabling the c-state cause my laptop to hang extremely frequently... Looks like 2.15 may be good with Intel RST to get rid of hang up during booting but I think I can forget about the sata3 speed if RST is involved

8. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you man, +rep. You can always revert to 2.09 (i do not see the guide on OCZ page no more, but it still works and I know how - very simple), which is pretty ok, especially for startups. The speeds on 2.09 are ok too, but lower than 2.13. I have c states enabled, storage break event enabled, lpm off, no RST, newest Intel chipset from Intel page, no Intel management engine installed, no hotplugging, no energy efficient p-states, no aggresive LPM support, no spin-up. I hope this helps a bit.

9. Odatan

Odatan Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you let me know how to revert to 2.09? I've been looking a bit on the net but I'm unsure still.
    BTW now, 2.15 makes my m14x hang like 5-6 times in a row before I can actually bootup into windows. It's getting worse everytime... I really want to revert to 2.19 or 2.11, (or should I just revert to buying a mac... :p). No those sandforce controllers are really messy! Maybe, I should try reinstalling on it with fw 2.15. Who knows?

I meant 2.09 not 2.19

10. Odatan

Odatan Newbie

Reputations:
    I meant 2.09 not 2.19

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.