14x SATA II, SATA III Benchmark Comparison - BIOS Enabled or Disabled Discussion

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by anand00x, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemon123

pokemon123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I seem to be getting SATA III speed...
    my read are up to par but not my write

[​IMG]

2. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi Pokemon, go to bios and try disabling c states. This helped me to get my reads/writes back in ATTO. Then, the next day I left storage break event ON and I enabled c states back on, and all is stable now.

If this does not give you higher speeds, I suggest going to device manager, uninstall driver for your SSD, restart, Win7 will auto install it back on, restart, run WEI (for system registration purposes). This worked for me.

3. pokemon123

Reputations:
    i tried to run WEI, but it's giving me BSOD.....

4. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow, strange. Can you restart and try WEI again? If not, only post ATTO?

5. pokemon123

Reputations:
    Second attempt still BSOD. Seems like my system is unstable without RST. when I try to run ATTO the whole computer hangs...

Also do you have a second HDD on your computer? I think that might be the issue...

6. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry to read that you have problems. I would revert all settings back (Bios) or not run WEI anymore (even as last resort re-install RST, but you should keep fighting without RST as no one that I know had SATA 6Gbps speeds with it installed on M14X, it took me 2 months to get my Vertex 3mi working as it should). Another point of view is that if WEI runs with BSOD, something is not quite right. I would revert and try without RST.

I do not have anything in DVD tray, disconnected and took out DVD drive as I do not use it at all. I do not believe that your second HDD is causing this ... wait WEI benches also HDD/SSD but which one? The system one, of course lol. So far I have never heard of anybody getting BSOD in WEI in this forum. ATTO freezes on me also sometimes, especially if after fresh restart I go straight for ATTO bench run. I wait a minute or so and ATTO goes on, while system is completely frozen, missing a line or two due to extremely low speeds with smallest files probably due to system interfering (score 541 or so in-between good speeds of small files bench). I hope this helped a bit.

7. pokemon123

Reputations:
    Ohkay thanks I'll try it again tonight. So first without RST but standard bios? Then if that runs fine. Then change the bios in c-state off and storage break on nothing else needs to be changed?

8. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In standard BIOS 05 you do not have the option to change c states and you do not have the option to break storage. Try without RST, c states off and break storage on. I hope it works. I am positive that the two bioses are identical, only the unlocked one gives you more options.

9. pokemon123

Reputations:
    Ran the test with C-state off, no RST, break storage on. This is my result. Way better than before (happy that its averaging 100mbs for read now.. should i put c state on again? what does c state do anyways?

[​IMG]

10. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.