14" Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3C

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by SoundsGood, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 111akasha

111akasha Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ,
    I have purchased this one and so far so good......many brilliant features.There are some brilliant setting like eco mode but probably not what most are concerned about.I have one problem though and is very annoying,there is a display pop up saying caps on caps off,is big irritating and stops you typing for a couple of seconds.I definitely don't want to disable caps as I use them freely but I want the display pop up to go away.
    Have tried a few things with no luck so far.I even when to regedit and turned a certain key value to cero it turned many things off including my wifi so no good.
    Anyone knows how to solve this issue on this model?
    I should not need a masters in computing or similar to make this go away.I truly don't understand why this particular feature is forced on the user,it should be something those few who want it could activate,no something you have to acquire a degree before you can make it go away.
    This pc would get a ten,is so silent....no fan noise......brilliant & has many other great features but this one annoying display pop up thingy brings it real down for me.
    Please someone help as have had to put my studies on hold because this feature disturbs my focus.Be kind to give me a step by step explanation of the solution.
    Thanks

2. newcastlefc200

newcastlefc200 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think my laptops faulty, a couple of days ago my laptop wouldn't sleep, then it wouldn't shut down the screen would go blank and the fan would go crazy and I would have to force close it down. to shut down I had to choose restart which would shut the laptop down completely.

I installed windows 8 and I thought all had gone well except my mouse buttons didn't work, and still the shutdown and sleep function wouldn't work, and to top this off windows 8 took a lot longer to boot than windows 7, we're talking 2 mins!

so I restored to factory settings thinking that it may solve my problems; it didn't and after a few forced shutdown the laptop will not now turn on.

Samsung told me to reset the battery by putting a pin in the back for 15 secs, still nothing, I have no idea whats going on. Before I return it anyone have any more ideas??

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I think the hole in the back disconnects the battery, which you need to do with the mains power unplugged. After poking something in the hole (an unbent paperclup is recommended), open the computer and hold the power button down for at least 15 seconds. Then reconnect the mains which should automatically reconnect the battery.

If that doesn't work then, since you have already restored to the factory installation, I would agree that there is a hardware problem.

John

4. Farshen

Farshen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I've recently bought this laptop, and I've been very happy with its' performance so far. Yesterday I installed Windows 8 and as a result of that, I am not so happy anymore. There are a couple of problems/issues that emerged after I installed W8.

1. At first, my FN-buttons did not seem to work properly and I had problems installing the Easy Settings software. I tried a solution offered in another thread, and renamed the install file to setup2.exe. This enabled me to install the software, and my FN-keys now function normally. But I am still unable to open the program and alter the settings in there. I'm particularly annoyed by the auto-brightness function.

2. My laptop seems to take a longer time to boot.

3. Every time after I've closed the lid and then opened it again, the laptop has restarted. This is incredibly annoying.

So far these are the only problems I've encountered. I've tried to read in other similar threads, but I was unsure whether the solutions presented there was also correct for this model. So, does anyone have a solution? Are there any drivers I need to install? Do I have to wait for Samsung to update the software? Will samsung update the software?

Thanks in advance!

5. newcastlefc200

Reputations:
    my fn buttons seem to work but there is no indicator that comes up on the screen anymore, however the brightness does not change for me which is annoying, The windows 8 indicator comes up but it has no effect, anyone else have this??

6. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. newcastlefc200

Reputations:
  8. newcastlefc200

Reputations:
    I've noticed a blemish on the screen, it's like a dead or stuck pixel, can't see it all the time but can really see it when on a white background, a little annoying, is there anyway to fix this? Not even sure if its a pixel fault...

9. pawow

pawow Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone interested in buying this laptop? I only bought this laptop mainly for commuting to school and play some light gaming like d3 and LOL, but i rather use my desktop instead. Another reason is I didn't transfer to CSUN yet, so i can wait. So right now this laptop is chilling in my laptop case. send me an email at xsh0rtxshytx@yahoo.com if interested and/or would like to see pix of the laptop. It's a great laptop but I hardly use it. Also, when you email me plz title it with samsung chronos so i don't delete it as spam.

10. Empknight

Empknight Newbie

Reputations:
    I got a Vaio S13p. The screen is utter junk. The screen-door effect...... the grain....... Everything else was perfect, but ugh.... I'm in the process of returning it. Today I was at the microsoft store. He mentioned that he had a laptop similar to the Vaio and brought out the Samsung. It was the exact same price, but I'd be taking a hit on the graphics. I said whatever the 630m and 640mLE aren't that different.

Wow, the Series 7 is great. The contrast is poor, but the brightness and clarity (and quality) are infinitely better. The keyboard and touchpad are great. My only other complaint would have to be the lack of usb ports, but I can live with it. This is truly a great device. The contrast definitely isn't a deal-breaker. Overall I completely recommend the Series 7 to the Vaio 13p. Does anyone know of any other alternatives to the Series 7/Vaio 13 at around $800? Despite the 14-inch screen the sizes are similar thanks to the minimized bezel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.