14-15" Lightweight long battery with bright 120hz+ display

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Schwabe, Aug 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Schwabe

Schwabe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Most important feature is screen brightness. And secondarily battery life. And then portability ie- slim and lightweight.

120hz+ preferred. FHD or 3K matte. Needs NVIDIA/ATI GPU. 16GB mem ideally up to 64GB

3x M2 drive slots would be awesome, but 2 is ok - maybe 1x would be fine if all other criteria was met.

Budget not crazy but willing to consider anything.

Otherwise I am open to and loooking forward to your suggestions! Thanks

2. Schwabe

Schwabe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    edit: doesn't necessarily need NVIDIA/ATI GPU/dedicated graphics actually, if the thing excells in all the other areas of my criteria

3. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems like some conflicts here.

120hz+ = lower battery life
    bright screen = lower battery life
    3K? I assume this would be 1440P

3xM2 or 3xNVME? Most I've seen is 2 x NVME / SATA + 2.5" bay which could probably get an adapter for 2xSATA sticks for a total of 4 drives.
    https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Dual-SATA-Adapter-RAID/dp/B018AOZ9QM $35

If you don't set a budget though you'll likely get options all over the place up to 5K or as low as $500 for a chrome book.

If you go 2nd hand or refurb and then stack the additional wants onto it though you can come up with a close match to what you're looking for w/o spending a huge amount.

For instance I picked up a 9750H on ebay for $740 shipped and then added dual NVME / upgraded the WIFI / upgraded the RAM / eventually upgraded the panel to 4K from FHD and all for less than most prepackaged systems go for.

Rokobo likes this.