13.3" Samsung NP900X3C with Ivy Bridge CPU

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John Ratsey, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pr4424

pr4424 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for the friendly and informative response.

More posters should be like you.

2. Ziyathiiri

Ziyathiiri Newbie

Reputations:
    The new touchpad drivers have finally improved the glitchy highlighting behaviour even with the double-tap to select option turned off... I've turned it back on and it hasn't started highlighting randomly when moving the pointer around as it did before.

A couple things have become worse though - first i can't seem to individually turn off the windows 8 edge swipe gestures - either all on or all off it seems, even if i try to mess with them individually in regedit.

Also it seems two-finger scrolling acceleration is turned off, so if i swipe quickly it doesn't scroll any faster - anyone know any way to bring this back?

3. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry man. I was worried you were going to get in there and hose the machine. I see that all the time in the various forums.

4. marinlik

marinlik Newbie

Reputations:
    I just checked the ssd in my 900x3c-a04SE in device manager and it says Samsung and then some numbers after it.

5. marinlik

marinlik Newbie

Reputations:
    I've come upon some problems these first few hours. First of, something about the internet on it is bad, a lot of times the pages don't load properly at all(100 fiber internet wlan)

When i try to open a couple of things at ones, like a few web pages it feels really slow, could be power saving mode maybe? Or just that the cpu is much slower than what I'm used to on my stationery. It feels like the computer freezes up when you try to do more than one thing at once.

I've had some sound problems. the problem is that there is some. well maybe static sounding noice some times from the speakers.

The touchpad is decent but still way behind the mac I came from.

Overall do I like the computer, it is silent and keeps cool. The battery time is decent and will hopefully last a day of writing in school. I am truly amazed that a computer can be this freaking thin!

6. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
  7. buffpatel

buffpatel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've had my NP900X3C for about 1.5 months and just a few days ago mine made the noise you're talking about. I was watching a youtube video for about 20 minutes and all of the sudden it had this long high pitch electric sound which started low and then started rising in pitch. I thought it was coming from the fan at first, but I lifted my laptop and couldn't absolutely determine where it came from. In total it lasted about 10-15 seconds and then went away.

It has not since come back and I don't know how to reproduce it at this time. I'm not sure if there is a way to manually activate both fans for me to ensure it's not from it. Also, if this helps I did notice my sound from my youtube video had static while the high pitch sound came which does make me wonder if it's related to the speakers and not necessarily from the fan. Has yours made any more high pitch noises? If mine happens again, I think I'll try to mute my speakers to rule that out as a cause. I'm hoping mine is just a one time event for now.

8. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Been traveling with the notebook and a new problem has developed. The trackpad is behaving poorly. A simple left click tapping will either not register or be a right click. Or if I do a right click by depressing the bottom right of the trackpad, nothing registers. With my connected mouse, the buttons will get remapped so left is right and vice versa. I can change the property back and forth in control panel, but appears the fix is only temporary. I'm thinking perhaps the sensor got mucked on the plane at some point, but I don't see any dents. Any ideas? I'm using elan 10.7.8.2 on an x3b, should I upgrade, it was working fine until now.

elan.jpg

9. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What mouse are you using and did it install mouse software that could be having an impact? I use Microsoft mouses but routinely uninstall and ignore attempts for Intellimouse installs.

10. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My preferred touchpad driver is 11.7.2.1.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.