13.3" Samsung NP900X3C with Ivy Bridge CPU

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John Ratsey, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    1080p is the maximum supported by the micro-HDMI interface specification, which Samsung adhered to.

John

2. my_user_name

my_user_name Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it me or does anyone find the Sandisk SSD extremley slow.

For example opening eclipse takes around 12 seconds on my 4 year pc [Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 and Crucial M4 SSD]

Whilst on my laptop it takes around 30 seconds. Seems like quite a bit of a difference even though people are saying the Sandisk SSD is rubbish.

I even think it may even be quicker on a laptop which uses a mechanical hard drive.

Also the cpu should make that much of a difference. Both PC's are running a clean install of Windows 8.

3. 029kid

029kid Newbie

Reputations:
    Seriously, this laptop is a piece of $hit!!!
    Ive had this for two days now..

Touchpad is useless, random clicks, impossible to rightclick using thumb, senstivity issues and now my touchpad freezes and stops responding after a few sec after logging in to windows.
    THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME, ITS AS GOOD AS DEAD. IVE RESTARTED 10 TIMES.
    I cant use this laptop to more as it freezes, keyboard is working, but not touchpad

Also, the WIFI is a joke. Im so pissed off.
    Its impossible to get above 45mbps even with cable, YES EVEN WITH CABLE.
    Im actually getting way better speed wifi than by cable.

I got 70mbps from my ISP and gets 40-45mbps wifi, and 25 max via cable.

My old lenovo t61 with agn4965 easy gets 70mbps wifi.

The ssd is also a joke!!!

You all here seems to have problems, whats happening? How can they make such a crap pc?

4. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you running the Samsung factory image?

5. bigblackwolf

bigblackwolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I read in the german c't magazine (which is quite reputable) that Disk Defragmenter can be left on. Apparently, Windows recognizes that it is a SSD and does not defragment, buy when Disk Defragmenter is left on, a TRIM function or something is carried out.
    I am not sure what is right now.
    Any comments?

6. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can always verify this yourself.

1. Open an elevated command console
    2. Run fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify
    3. Verify DisableDeleteNotify = 0 is returned

See Fsutil behavior for a full explanation of the command and result.

Most of the SSD makers also have utils and UI to check the SSD status return codes.

7. bigblackwolf

bigblackwolf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Some more comments from my side.
    Here is a link to the article I mentioned in c't Magazine (in German).

SSD-Optimierung unter Windows 8 | c't

I says that Windows 7 disables the defragmenting for the SSD. But Windows 8 leaves the Drive Optimization active. When it recognizes a SSD, it does not carry out the defragmenting, but it does TRIM.
    But you should check if Windows 8 recognizes the SSD as SDD, and not as a magnetic harddrive. According to the article, if the SSD is not recognized as SSD, it should be recognized after running the Windows Experience Index.

So from this I learn: SSD Defragmenting/Drive Optimization: under Windows 7 Off, under Windows 8 On.

8. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Very few people have had any issues with the machine. I suspect you may need a reinstall of windows/drivers. I will agree the wifi signal is not very strong, probably only good enough for casual browsing and not streaming. You should have no problem with the ethernet if that's what you're refering to, I get the typical thoroughput for a gigabit connection. Really am not sure where your speed results are coming from, but if you're actually getting 70mbps from your isp, wow, not that anything requires that much bandwidth. I will agree the sandisk ssd is subpar, but it is always good practice to read a site like this BEFORE purchase. Many users have replaced their ssd with a crucial 256gb msata with good results. As is, it would be appreciated if you tone down your rant, remember no on this forum sold you the unit, but they can be very helpful if you are civil.

9. edpowers

edpowers Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had this exact same problem with my X3C. I updated the sound drivers and the problem completely went away. The latest realtek driver is 6.0.1.6699 from 8/7/2012. Samsung's driver download site incorrectly lists the date as April.

10. edpowers

edpowers Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm assuming "by cable" you are referring to the ethernet adapter? If so, there is something wrong with either your X3C, drivers, ethernet adapter, cable or router. Here is the speedtest that I just ran from my X3C with ethernet adapter ...

2355241280.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.