13.3" Samsung NP900X3C with Ivy Bridge CPU

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John Ratsey, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    As Ivy Bridge release gets close, more references to the Samsung NP900X3C are appearing and it is now on the Samsung website:
    The CPU listed everywhere is the i5-3317M, which is only one step faster that the i5-2467M in the NP900X3B, but maybe the better power efficient of the new CPU will enable it to run at its maximum TurboBoost speed under multi-threaded load (my i5-2467M seems to not exceed 2GHz under sustained load). The Intel HD 4000 graphics are also expected to be faster than the HD 3000.

The specs also show that the RAM is 1600MHz and the WiFi is an Intel 6235 which supports Bluetooth 4.

Externally, I would expect the NP900X3C to look the same as the B version.

John

2. 1994F7PT

1994F7PT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    its good that they have specced up some areas of the series 9, however to my mind its still completely restricted by the 4gb of RAM and also in many ways i cannot understand why samsung aren't putting their new 256Gb 830 drive into the mix as well.

i know we can bat around over and over about the cost effectiveness etc, but end of the day this is the flagship model for samsung laptops, to my mind even more so than the 15", and as such surely it deserves the very best components they can throw at it. its a premium showcase of what samsung can do and to know they are holding back is a bit poor show eh wot!

3. SoundsGood

SoundsGood Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I agree. Very odd.

4. John Ratsey

Reputations:
    I agree that there should be the 8GB + 256GB (also i7 CPU and Windows 7 Pro) version on offer so that customers have a bit more choice.

John

5. 1994F7PT

Reputations:
    personally i can happily make do with i5 and i usually upgrade straight to my ultimate anyway on a new laptop as i roll back old one to whatever it should be for sale :)

however, again on a flagship model, those options would seem logical to me and warrant the decidedly high price point, which basically your paying for a slick design for. there are others that are similar in footprint and weight, if not slimmer and lighter, as such its the shiny sexy design thats costing the big premium.

6. WhiteFireDragon

WhiteFireDragon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    An 8gb memory with 256gb SSD model will eventually get released. There was a NP900X3B model that came with a i7 and 256gb SSD, and I don't think it was even listed on Samsung's website.

7. lghtwave

lghtwave Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There's NT900X3B-A74 that has 256GB SSD and i7-2637M with 4GB RAM. however it's only released in Korea as far as I know.
    NT900X3B-A74 - ?? | SAMSUNG

8. John Ratsey

Reputations:
    That's the one that has been spotted on ebay for an exorbitant price.

John

9. lghtwave

lghtwave Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    wow. $2899 is a lot. It's around $2000 in Korea right now. including leather case.

10. 1994F7PT

Reputations:
    as above, the specced up super special models are rediculously priced, i mean dont get me wrong i know power costs money etc but nearly 3000 dollars is twice the price of the 'standard' model and basically as i have said before, the cost isnt wrapped up in the internals, its the engineering costs of the chassis, so theres no way it should be twice the price for one of that spec. memory is cheap (even to solder the chips to a board, the chips themselves are dirt cheap) cpu's are cheap and a step from i5 to i7 mobile is like $50 jump. the only pricey bit is the mSATA at 256gb and even that isnt over $1000!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.