12 V air compressor will not hold charge

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by JOSEA, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    I let it sit on the garage shelf for 1 year, I left it plugged in for 24 hours, unplugged (the green light came on) it then tried to use it. Immediately the yellow light came on indicatiing it needed to be charged. It is a Craftsman 9 15045 It has Sealed Lead-Acid Maint. Free Battery (not user replacable).
    TIA, josea

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    You should never flatten an lead acid battery without charging it straight after, as the plates inside furr up and stop it from holding a charge, I have had a good lead acid battery`s the kind in alarm systems just die for no reason and it was kept fully charged with an optimate charger, it just happens sometimes.

Also you can normally replace the battery, but a lot of the time the re-placement battery is almost the half the price of the compressor or more.

Lots of info in the link below.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah you should be able to replace the battery, just rip it apart and find a new one that will fit in the same space. You don't want to let your batteries discharge then freeze.

4. webson12

webson12 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have also an old air compressor which is not working properly any more. I definitely need a new one but I have not found the right offer yet. So I decided to simply use air compressor rentals until I find the right offer for me. Additionally I will also check the link you have posted here. Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.