** 1070 laptop: GT73VR, GT62VR, GT72VR reboot/crash problem **

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Hugodra, May 17, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Gsync card?
    Possibly. Try it.

2. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you are not successful in flashing the VBIOS you can download msi afterburner and open the voltage curve (ctrl+f) then flatline it beyond 0.9V. If that works you will know your card is suffering from the same issue as in this thread.

3. Vamsi Krishna Saladi

Vamsi Krishna Saladi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes Its a G-Sync Card.
    Now my issue upgraded to new level. Even if i dont run any applications/games. Just fresh boot leave the desktop. Not even play video. For 15-20 min the clock is at 139 Mhz , 34-37 degree centigrade. then suddenly its shooting 1850 Mzh + and 80-90 degree centigrade.
    any idea what caused this issue.
    i could use all the help i can get. pls

4. Vamsi Krishna Saladi

Reputations:
    Now my issue upgraded to new level. Even if i dont run any applications/games. Just fresh boot leave the desktop. Not even play video. For 15-20 min the clock is at 139 Mhz , 34-37 degree centigrade. then suddenly its shooting 1850 Mzh + and 80-90 degree centigrade.
    any idea what caused this issue.
    i could use all the help i can get. pls

5. Vamsi Krishna Saladi

Reputations:
    I have MSI afterBurner. and i am able to open voltage curve (ctrl+f) but any guidance how to edit. any link to video or any demo ?

6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Impossible to be 80-90C on the desktop on a 115W video card.
    Unless you are mining or something or maybe you have a virus that's putting the graphics under load.
    Try repasting with a new thermal paste. Coolermaster Gel Maker Nano works well.

7. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Starts to sound like a virus or something to me as well.... my 1070 would never even reach those temperatures under full load.
    Just make the curve flat beyond 0.9V as I told you. But honestly your problem is at least partially totally different so not sure it would even help. You need to figure out your windows/rogue program/virus issue first before troubleshooting further.

8. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds to me like a miner is rubbing in background, you don't have a browser tab open do you?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

9. Vamsi Krishna Saladi

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I dont Mine, and as part of resolving the issue, i have even recently Factory restored my laptop ( I am not using a desktop). All data on HDD and SSD are formatted. No chance of virus as well, i have been using and Internet Security antivirus program till before i factory resetted my Lappy. And may be i will be taking to a service center as last option as they will try to LOOT money. and If this is a software/Driver/bios issue which i could figure and fix myself i dont want to waste money to service centres. (any way i am not doing any advance tuning/tampering or something

10. Vamsi Krishna Saladi

Reputations:
    No, I dont Mine, and as part of resolving the issue, i have even recently Factory restored my laptop ( I am not using a desktop). All data on HDD and SSD are formatted.
    I just have basic softwares installed.