** 1070 laptop: GT73VR, GT62VR, GT72VR reboot/crash problem **

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Hugodra, May 17, 2017.

1. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well everything seems to be okay now. I set the frequency to 1695Mhz (0.881V) since flattening the curve from 1.013V through 1.062 didn't seem to work.

Thank you two for helping me and being patient with me. I will let you know if there are any other problems in the future.

2. Justin96

Justin96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hope this doesn't happen to me I'm looking to buy a new msi machine in 2 days. Which will have a gtx 1070

3. mark0210

mark0210 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man, having some random reboots with my GT72VR and it looks like I'm in the same situation as you - can you show me what you made your graph look like for the voltage in Afterburner? Or maybe upload a preset you saved to get yours stable? The constant reboots are killing me. I'm messing around with Afterburner tonight, so hopefully I can figure it out on my own, but I'll monitor this page and see if you or anyone else might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Maleko48 likes this.
  4. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Flat curve: see post 386 in this thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/index.php?posts/10711162

Lock: select a point and hit Ctrl+L. Clocks and voltages will immediately rise (and temps and fan too) as the gpu will now be eating about 30W at idle.
    Note, the GPU will still clock lower if it hits power limit.

5. mark0210

mark0210 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks a ton! Registered just to chime in and say I had the same problem too. I'll try this soon, and if I can't get it working, I'll report back - I'd like to try as much as I possibly can before the RMA process, and I think this is probably the last straw.

Cheers guys!

bennyg likes this.
  6. mark0210

mark0210 Newbie

Reputations:

I locked the voltage as per this chart, and I'm still getting some reboots in games - although it is a lot more stable now (I'm able to play Far Cry 5 for more than a split second). Anyone have any recommendations?

https://imgur.com/a/H9tpDdF

Nemesis90, are you still running stable on your machine? I'd rather avoid the RMA process if I can, but looks like I'm out of options.

(sorry, the insert image doesn't seem to be working)

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You didn't do it right.
    First, the curve is not fully flat.
    Second, lock it and flatten it at the 0.900 or 0.950v voltage point, not past it.
    Make all the points flat from there to the right.

8. mark0210

mark0210 Newbie

Reputations:

Thanks for the help! How's this chart looking?

https://imgur.com/a/DAZwa3F

I don't really mess with Afterburner much, much less for purposes like this, so if I'm still messing it up, please let me know. Cheers!

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looks perfect. Should never crash now.

10. mark0210

mark0210 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks! I'll give it a go in just a few minutes here - if I disappear from the thread, it means all is well. If I still get reboots, I'll let you all know. Appreciate the help!

bennyg and Falkentyne like this.