1050 2GB vs 1050 4GB vs 1050Ti 4GB

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by One of the good guys, Jan 27, 2017.

1. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Ah yes I'm being daft, call HP directly too - trying to juggle homework while being on the forums... doesn't really work tbh

One of the good guys likes this.
  2. groove23

groove23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried using they live chat version on both HP and dell websites, and didn't got a discount... is more of a phone call kind of thing?

3. Midas Touch

Midas Touch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    later is always better bro.

4. One of the good guys

One of the good guys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know, that's a really good question. But like I said, 25% off is pretty good, I don't see them discounting more than that while the coupon is still going. After it expired might be better to get a discount.

Yes, but if I always waited for later then I'd never end up getting a laptop. Do you have a particular time in the future in mind as being a great time to buy a laptop? If so, please do share. :)

5. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    What I mean bro is the GTX 1050ti 4GB is a later version so it's better than the previous two, same goes with the processor, i7-7820HK is a later version and definitely better than the previous i7-6820HK, sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Also I don't think that there will be a newer class of GPU for this year (maybe) and if the GTX 1180 is ever going to come its probably next year (maybe).

6. One of the good guys

One of the good guys Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, yeah I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to my possibly postponing the laptop purchase until later. So you are referring to versions? Is the Ti a later version of the 1050 or is it a separate card altogether like the 1060 is separate?

7. Midas Touch

Reputations:
    Yes bro, the GTX 1050ti is definitely better and yes the GTX 1050ti is a later version of GTX 1050 or should I say "an upgraded version of GTX 1050".

Take a look at this bro: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.13849.0.html

I also took a quick read at your previous post I suggest don't get 4K bro, GTX 1050ti is not ready for 4K gaming. It will pretty much suffer a huge FPS drops and nearly unplayable even in low settings my advice is to get a 1920x1080 instead if you want to game at a stable 55-60 if not more FPS depending on the game and game settings.

I will also refer you to this thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/gaming-laptop-guide-pascal-edition.796958/

@Galm seems to put a decent amount of time in finding a gaming laptop for each budget.

If only you can up your budget to around $1500 you will get a much better specs but I wouldn't blame you, I've been in the same boat before (looking for a budget gaming laptop).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Phone calling makes it more personal :) but preference aside, 25% is a good discount too.

9. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    If you are spending 1200, go for the Clevo P650RP.. Its a much better choice then the Hps..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

10. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought that was only true for desktop processors. I have seen 2 core with HT i5s and i7s for laptops