1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

$100 credit for 8600m GT mislead

Discussion in 'Dell' started by stormchas4, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquidx

Liquidx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey, I gave you rep for it Larson :D She ended up telling me no anyway... But I was able to get it using that info in other way, as stated above.

Ok, I seriously hate comcast, my internet goes out more then anywhere else I have ever lived. Fortunately their is a guy with a open network, that does not mind if I use it. I asked. But it sucks because right now my connection can fluctuate down to 12% and even disconnect. Grrrr.. sorry had to vent.

Thanks again Larson.

2. larson

larson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Haha, no problem. I forgot about the rep or else I wouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry :mask:.

Hey, but thats awesome you were able to get compensation! Did you get a coupon or actually money back? I was only able to get a coupon. Good job!

3. thevjm

thevjm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I had comcast, it went out on average two times a day. Finally decided to switch to Qwest DSL. It has only dropped once in the two months i've had it. There was a small speed drop though. But it was worth it IMO.

4. WorkinProgress

WorkinProgress Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    how long do you guys think I have before they start changing this. it would seem really sweet to get another 100 bucks back but I don't know when I'm going to be buying my laptop.

I'm planning on getting a 1520 btw

5. mtylerjr

mtylerjr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You know, Dell took down the "22.4 GB/s" description a couple weeks ago.

If you ordered after that, and are still trying to get compensation - shame on you.

6. mattstl77

mattstl77 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is no shame if the NVidia website says otherwise.

7. lordofericstan

lordofericstan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nvidia purposely lets the distributor choose what type of video RAM to put in, it has nothing to do with nvidia!

8. Liquidx

Liquidx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Larson, it was credited back to credit card.

VJM, right after I wrote that the other guy's internet quit working too...:(

Work in progress, you missed the boat on that one. Now if you do it, it is quite morally impermissible, and I hope you think twice before trying. Those of us that ordered before anyone else got their machine are the ones truly entitled to the credit.

Matt, there is shame because you know now. When we ordered, no one had their laptop and we had no way of knowing. I don't know if you were here then or not, but there was a massive deal of excitement over a couple heated issues, and the number one thing was does the machine have DDR3? But now you know, and the dell site no longer says anything, so it would not be right for you to say anything, plus I don't see how you could argue it?

9. clester

clester Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know when i ordered - July 12th they still had the 22.4 Gbs description up. and i didn't know anything about it NOT being that. That's why I'm emailing them about it. That and the Audio fault. they need to sort both of these ot IMHO. It's stopping a good laptop being a GREAT laptop for me. I did call them about the remote, but i wasnt going to push for it.. it was just irritating with everyone else getting one, and all the reviews having one, but no way of gettingone at the time (you couldn't add it then)

10. mtylerjr

mtylerjr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    With an order date that early, I think (not that my opinions should really matter to anyone!) that you have a right to complain if you felt misled. I ordered on 7/7, and posted in Dell's own forum about the issue on 7/11 here:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_video&thread.id=164569

I completely agree with you there. Its not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.