$100 credit for 8600m GT mislead

Discussion in 'Dell' started by stormchas4, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquidx

Liquidx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well for the first time Mallika was unable to help, here was her response:

I am sorry that you are facing issues with the order. Kindly get in touch with the Dell Technical support department at the phone number 800-624-9896 as they would be the best to help you with this issue. As I belong to Customer Care department and I am not technicaly trained.

And inreference to the coupon that you are asking for, I am sorry I will not be able to issue a coupon as we cant offer multiple concessions as we have already given you two items for free.

I guess I will have to try other means...

2. Liquidx

Reputations:
    well i just chatted with dell and they linked me the latest bios and driver. funny thing was latest bios is A00 which is the first bios. But for the hell of it i flashed it and installed latest driver, hoping that maybe in some weird dimension, dell had severely underclocked the DDR3 memory. obviously no go. nothing changed and I am now supposed to wait a call from tech support to tell me what i already know, but if it helps get the credit...

3. Liquidx

Reputations:
    ok final update, taked with tech support for about 5 mins, he confirmed everything I told him, he told me to contact customer service. Did so, and with very little hassle overall was given the $100 credit. So to tally it all up, I have received a $60 Bluetooth remote, a $50 Targus Messenger (it's on the way as I type this), and a $100 credit. So $210 value for a little of my time, not bad, not bad at all.

Edit:

Oh yeah, plus next day shipping on everything, the remote, bag, and system.

4. Paznos

Paznos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Interesting I've tried but haven't been able to get them to give me the credit and also pissed that people who have ordered after me are receiving their laptops when mine is still being "build" :(

5. Liquidx

Reputations:
    That very well could be why you are having trouble. I intentionally waited until I received my laptop so that I could argue, yes I have it, yes I can prove it's not to spec, and with the help of the screenshot another poster had, I was also able to prove that it had, in fact, originally existed that they had posted speed. Coupled with that and the nvidia website showing that the 8600M GT was supposed to be running at 700 MHz. It was impossible for them to argue I had not gotten what I paid for. As well as an order date of June 28th, proved that I had ordered it before the removal. Use this information to help you, but only after you get the laptop, and use the dell online chat and have everything ready to show them. Tell them to use the program that lets them see your screen as your doing stuff. That was how I was able to prove my point. The first guy tried telling me I could just overclock it, and I had Ntune running and showed him that the clocks don't stick. So he ended up sending me to tech support, the rest is all above in other posts.

6. larson

larson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahem, my email.

7. thevjm

thevjm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is it still possible to get the credit?

8. chuck232

chuck232 Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Okay? You posted your email to help others right?

9. larson

larson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah. That was me.

10. majortom1981

majortom1981 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It all depends on when you ordered it because i think dell took the wrong info down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.