03 Infiniti G35

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by spradhan01, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Excellent idea. Just don't go to one that the seller "recommends" in case there's any shady dealings the two have had.

2. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip. Lets see how it goes.

3. spradhan01

Reputations:
    The insurance agent came to my apartment on Tuesday to check the car and told me that it was total loss. He said he gonna call me back soon but I haven't heard from him.
    Do you guys know how long does the progressive take to pay me?

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Weeks/months. All depends on your agent/insurance policies for payout.

5. spradhan01

Reputations:
    Damn....if that happens I might miss my Infiniti. :(
    One more thing, now that my car is totalled and useless, should I change my policy to liability since I will be just paying for full coverage which I am going to cancel soon.

6. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't ever have your heart set on one particular used car. Actually, I'd encourage anyone to judge used cars on the basis of their individual condition. A decade old used car is a survivor, and the reputation of the manufacturer and initial quality matter a lot less than the condition of the car itself. If I was going used car shopping, I'd be looking for a single owner car from an estate sale. Something that was well treated, garaged, old, utterly boring. An old person car makes a good used car. Something that an affluent 80 year retiree owned. Now that's a good used car.

Personally, I like the Infinity G-series. Fun cars, basically a 4-door version of the Nissan Z. If you want one, lease a new one, assuming there are any decent leases. A high mileage, 10 year old 116,000 mile Infiniti G35 is something you should avoid. It's worn out. Actually, if it's a stick, the gearbox was weak to begin with. Unless the G35 in question fits my criteria of a single owner creampuff, stay away. Find a better used car, which isn't easy to do at the moment, since used car prices are ridiculous. Of course, if gas prices skyrocket this summer, there might be a lot of really cheap used trucks and SUVs.

7. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I get what you mean about used cars. My new Altima Coupe cost less than a two year old Altima Sedan on the same lot, even though my car had more options. Crazy.

8. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    I'd say it's best for OP to find what he wants and find the pricing he wanted. That's what I did when I hunted for my 240SX, I had a budget of 2300 and I knew I wanted a loaded S13 or S14. Took me 4-6 weeks but I found a SE model for 2300.

9. SemiExpert

SemiExpert Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When it comes to older used cars, condition matters more than concentrating on a specific model. You're better off casting a wide net. If something decent comes along, go for it.

You're talking about a model that was fairly uncommon when new 15 to 23 years ago, and not the sort of car that's kept in garage as a summer car. Hey, sometime you can find some weird stuff out there, and for all I know there might be Nissan 240SX clubs and some sort of drift car/sydeshow cult appeal. Dunno. By the Clinton era, cars like the 240SX and Honda Prelude were fairly pricey and didn't sell in big numbers. This is before the WRX came to the United States, and long before the Z-car was revived in the 2000s. So the survivors aren't probably very numerous due to attrition, but unlike Integras and Civics, I don't think there was very much of tuner culture. So there might have been intact survivors. Unlike the Supra Turbo - all of those were tuned to death.

Again, old cars make good used cars when they're one owner creampuffs. That's good general advice for anyone.

Well, that's what happens when new car sale are in the crapper for a long, long time. Not many cars went into rental fleets, leases weren't popular for a long time and people kept their cars longer. Now sales are up somewhat. Nowhere near the peak, but way above the bottom of the market. Used cars are selling for ridiculous money.

10. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    You are joking right? S chassis is highly desirable, so much I drove 4.5 hours from Rockville, MD to southern VA (Portsmouth, VA) to buy it for 2300. In MD, an inspected S14 240SX SE is easily 4000-5000 for a stock KA S14. It is the cheapest way to build up a drift car. And the S chassis can accept nearly any engine swap, SR20DET, VH45DE, 2JZ, VK56DE,LS1, LS2, LS7, even the old 8.0L V10 Viper engine fits into S13 chassis. Before the facelifted Kouki, the Zenki model sold 32 thousand in America. Sure it's not alot, but it is highly desirable still today. All the S13 models were 20k every single year.

And 240SX is the same chassis as Nissan Silvia/200SX (EU,AU). Tell me the tuner culture isn't big for the Silvia..

Anyways my point to OP was, find exactly what you want, and see what your maximum budget it. I tend to scan CL and search a little farther out. Also bargain, bargain, bargain my goodness I cannot stress this enough. Initially the owner of my car wanted 3000 on CL and he changed out a few parts. I noticed it had been on CL for quite sometime, so I offered 2300 cash and he accepted. Cash always speaks on CL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.