£75 to cancel order? True or a con?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ranek, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranek

Ranek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    He rang back about 5 minutes before i had to leave for work but seemed happy to cancel the order.

I'm still a consumer/home user, and not a business and so should be bound by those T&C's regardless of which laptop it is.

He said if i ring him back tommorow then we can sort it out then, as i had to leave for work literally as he rang so couldn't do it today.

2. Jako

Jako Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you check your order status? In my case it looks like this:

"We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service."

I do not have any official confirmation but it looks like canceled.

3. mcaj007

mcaj007 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    cancellation fee (irrespective of when you do that) is specific to UK Dell, right?

4. BertieW

BertieW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Not if you bought it through the SB website. Vostro is not available on the Dell Home UK site that I saw. I'm glad it worked out for you, but it's something to keep in mind. If you order through SB UK website, you might have issues cancelling your order and the 7-day cancellation policy does not apply there.

5. Ranek

Ranek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did it over the phone and they put me through to the Home department and my Rep is a Home rather than business rep.

So i'd say i should be able to wangle out of it if they decided to stick to the T&C's as i am not a business or a business user.

Either way hopefully tommorow ill have the same laptop for cheaper!

2 weeks ago was free delivery, last week was 2gb from 1gb, this week both offers are on, plus a bit more money off!

6. kirill

kirill Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, I'm sure it was put on hold and then taken out of my account. Im sure thats illegal. Got my refund today though, so off to haggle for my vistro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.